Help Please!!

lina71

Aug 30, 2009
Good Evening All, I have a problem, how can I get a stain mark left from the antibacterial hand gel from Bath & Body Works out of my Madison Sophia black purse, please tell me that I can get it out, it turned the leather in that area a charcoal grey color.

It's likely that the hand gel removed some of the color from the leather. I had this exact thing happen to me with a red ergo that I had. I conditioned the heck out of it, and it did help the spot blend in some, but it never went away completely. Not sure if anyone who didn't know it was there would have noticed though. Can you post a pic?

I'm so sorry that happened to your lovely bag! I don't know if it can be fixed completely, but I'd try liberally applying Apple conditioner to see if that at least helps it blend in ... I've used Apple on all my Madison leather bags and I don't see how it could hurt anything so worth a try.

Thanks I may try this & see if it works.

If you try it, let us know how it works out. I have used it on older black Coach bags where the bottom corners lost some color due to use and it worked beautifully. Use a little, let it dry and then buff with a soft cloth, I think you might be very happy. Good luck, granny