Help please? xD

bella89

O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
I'm going to be graduating from high school in June and as my graduation present my mother is helping me buy a Louis Vuitton Hampstead GM and another smaller bag for my wallet etc. I'm not a big fan of the mono or the damier really (I like the style of the tote that I'm getting though) so I finally narrowed it down to either getting the roxbury or the mini denim pleaty. I was curious what you Louis Vuitton aficionados thought about my two choices? And if you guys know of another bag below $900 (that isn't the speedy!) I'm all ears. I'd prefer it to close, but if I fall in love does it really matter?

Thanks for your help!

Hey!
Welcome to TPF.
I think you should go with something Vernis [Of corse only if you like them!]
i wasnt to crazy about some of the vernis line until i saw it in rl and it's so pretty! and something like Pomme is very summery.
Or how about some of the new Multicolour line?
anyway Good luck i hope you find the bag perfect for you!

If it's your first LV, I'd go with some more hearty than Vernis, definitely. They ruin so easily and it takes a while to get used to having to pamper a mono bag, much less vernis. That being said, I have no great suggestions to offer. lol. Most of my current loves are over $900 and I tend to be one track minded. I do LOVE the hampstead tho. Maybe you should just get a great wallet instead of a small bag. For the $900 you could get a pochette accessories as a clubbing/evening bag AND a wallet in addition to your hampstead. My fave wallet is the document wallet with removable passport holder. I use the removable part as a small wallet in my small bags. It's a "two-fer-one" lol.

Let us know what you decide. And congrats! I think the GM will make a great college bag.

Thanks for all your help! These two items would be my 3rd and 4th LV items respectively, I already own a Speedy that I hardly use and will probably sell. The idea of getting a wallet is a good idea, but I'm the type of girl that uses the same wallet but different bags and I just bought a Kate Spade wallet and I would constantly beat myself up about buying another one. I don't need a lot of room since all I carry in my main bag is a wallet and sometimes chapstick, glasses if I'm wearing contacts.

Thanks for all your help! These two items would be my 3rd and 4th LV items respectively, I already own a Speedy that I hardly use and will probably sell. The idea of getting a wallet is a good idea, but I'm the type of girl that uses the same wallet but different bags and I just bought a Kate Spade wallet and I would constantly beat myself up about buying another one. I don't need a lot of room since all I carry in my main bag is a wallet and sometimes chapstick, glasses if I'm wearing contacts.

Well then, that changes the scenario Bella. Love that name, btw! :yes:

I am definitely leaving you in the fabulous hands of the other imaginative LV enablers here then! hehe... And I'm going with the advice of "...Yeah, what she said"... :graucho: lol
Keep us posted on whatcha get! We loooooove photos!