HELP Please - vachetta

solai

O.G.
Jun 29, 2008
I have heard lots of comments regarding apple guard and other products on vachetta, but I really want to hear from those who have left their vachetta totally untreated and hear about how their vachetta is like after 1 year, 2 years, and more.

Do you have regrets about not treating with waterproofing or is your patina perfect? Also, now that your vachetta is patinaed, do you take it out even when it is raining without any worries now?

TIA

I have never treated any of my bags with anything. I follow LV's instructions regarding care and all my bags look gorgeous. If the vachetta was meant to be treated LV would treat it before they sold it. I think treating the vachetta compromises the integrity of the leather.

I never treated mine but I switch regularly. I imagine if you use it constantly it will darken quicker also if you have sweaty hands and use lotion a lot it will darken quicker. Other than that it just "tans" and looks very pretty when it does.

I have not hade mine long enough but have not treated it. I think it's very nice looking once it turns. I love seeing everyone elses bags who have that lovely honey color especially on the monogram bags. Not everyone likes that color it seems.

Carrie

I have older bags that I did not treat...while overall they are ok, the ones I treated are better.

Vachetta just spots so easily for me it takes the worry out it and makes using my bags more enjoyable.

i have my speedy azur 30 for a year and half.. My friends sees it and get amazed how clean the vachetta looks.. If you use it everyday eventually vachetta will get very honeyed and dirty in a year..
So rotate the bag....