Help please! Need a mom bag - Evelyne or Halzan?

Hey everyone!!

Found 2 Evie PM in my area - Black & Etoupe

I originally wanted Etain and/or Beton (something lighter with less brown hue) but i think the Etoupe is growing on me...

Will be pulling the trigger tomorrow, any suggestions between the 2 colors?? Is Etoupe easy to match? I have LOTS of black bags and not sure if I want another...

Etoupe is awesome, I find it goes with almost everything. Ultimately it depends on your wardrobe (and possibly how many other black bags you have - I myself have way too many LOL).

Congrats and good luck!

Reactions: Jaaanice
Etoupe is awesome, I find it goes with almost everything. Ultimately it depends on your wardrobe (and possibly how many other black bags you have - I myself have way too many LOL).

Congrats and good luck!
thanks~!! Im leaning towards etoupe too!!

Are you in Dallas? Those were the only 2 colors last week. I was in Boston a couple of weeks ago, they had tons of different colors.
I am in Hong Kong.. I wish we had different colors too! Im gonna call another store to see if they have anything else, but as of last week hk didn't even have any evelynes AT ALL! :yucky::yucky::yucky:

I vote for Etoupe just because it’s a bit more unusual than black but still functions as a neutral. Really either color would be great. Congrats!!
thanks for suggestion!!

Update:

So 3+ weeks ago I bought an Evelyne PM in etoupe. After trying it on a few times at home I realized it was too casual for me. I even made some straps for it to try to change it up.

IMG_7284.jpg

But I really just didn’t think it suited my style so brought the bag in to get approved for a return.

Got a call earlier this week that the return has been approved and had an appt with my SA yesterday to see what I can exchange it for.

I ended exchanging it for an etoupe Halzan!!!!!!

IMG_7671.jpg

I can’t believe my iPad fits in there!! I’m sooooo happy with the Halzan; thought about getting it in a lighter color but the purpose of this bag is a mama’s bag and I think I can’t go wrong with etoupe again!

I’ve been put on bed rest... so I’m not supposed to go anywhere for too long- took my new Halzan out today to get a massage because my back is killing me. We also think the baby’s coming sooner than we think; I had my husband remember all the names of the bags in case Hermes approves my return AFTER I’ve gone into labor.

Thanks so much for everyone’s help!!!! Love it so much I already want a second one!!!

Last edited:
Update:

So 3+ weeks ago I bought an Evelyne PM in etoupe. After trying it on a few times at home I realized it was too casual for me. I even made some straps for it to try to change it up.

View attachment 4173487

But I really just didn’t think it suited my style so brought the bag in to get approved for a return.

Got a call earlier this week that the return has been approved and had an appt with my SA yesterday to see what I can exchange it for.

View attachment 4173489

I can’t believe my iPad fits in there!! I’m sooooo happy with the Halzan; thought about getting it in a lighter color but the purpose of this bag is a mama’s bag and I think I can’t go wrong with etoupe again!

I’ve been put on bed rest... so I’m not supposed to go anywhere for too long- took my new Halzan out today to get a massage because my back is killing me. We also think the baby’s coming sooner than we think; I had my husband remember all the names of the bags in case Hermes approves my return AFTER I’ve gone into labor.

Thanks so much for everyone’s help!!!! Love it so much I already want a second one!!!

I have both but the halzan - hands down - is one of my favorite bags. Enjoy your new purchase!

Update:

View attachment 4173487

View attachment 4173489

PERFECT CHOICE! I traded my Evelyne for the Halzan, as well. I love the versatility and the overall look. Yours is Beautiful! Enjoy and best wishes for your family! I pray for a safe and speedy delivery!

PERFECT CHOICE! I traded my Evelyne for the Halzan, as well. I love the versatility and the overall look. Yours is Beautiful! Enjoy and best wishes for your family! I pray for a safe and speedy delivery!

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5] hopefully he will come out soon.

I hope you enjoy your Halzan just as much as I do!! What color did you end up getting?

I think I remember seeing your posts! I pretty much went through the entire Hooray to Halzan thread just to make sure it’s what I want [emoji28]

Congrats, I love your Halzan! I’ve just got my first H bag too, it’s really thrilling, isn’t it! (And addictive, I’m already plotting on what my second bag should be!) Wishing you a safe and smooth delivery! :hugs::flowers:

Reactions: MsAli
Congrats, I love your Halzan! I’ve just got my first H bag too, it’s really thrilling, isn’t it! (And addictive, I’m already plotting on what my second bag should be!) Wishing you a safe and smooth delivery! :hugs::flowers:

Thank you!! I think I remember seeing you in the chanel forums before too? Correct me if I’m wrong!

This is actually my second :smile: got a garden party 30 in Paris last year!!!! And I’m LOVING my new Halzan!!!! You should definitely check it out. I really don’t like my SA at the flagship store in my town [emoji28] but the SA I do like works at a smaller store and doesn’t have as much stock.... that’s the only thing I’m a bit hesitant w Hermes vs Chanel. But I’m also plotting for my next one too [emoji23][emoji23]

What did u get as your first?????

And thanks for the well wishes!!

Reactions: eckw
Thank you!! I think I remember seeing you in the chanel forums before too? Correct me if I’m wrong!

This is actually my second :smile: got a garden party 30 in Paris last year!!!! And I’m LOVING my new Halzan!!!! You should definitely check it out. I really don’t like my SA at the flagship store in my town [emoji28] but the SA I do like works at a smaller store and doesn’t have as much stock.... that’s the only thing I’m a bit hesitant w Hermes vs Chanel. But I’m also plotting for my next one too [emoji23][emoji23]

What did u get as your first?????

And thanks for the well wishes!!

Yes I am always at the Chanel forum! [emoji15]

And I think we are in the same city (Hong Kong right) and shop at the same Lee Gardens Chanel. [emoji12]
Did you get your Halzan at the Prince’s Building flagship? I agree they have much better stock! That’s where I got my Lindy. (I did an unboxing post here recently.)

I hope to get my next H in Paris but most likely I might be in London before then and try my luck there.

(Off-topic but are you delivering at the Matilda? That’s where I had my son. [emoji2])