Help please. CF question

IpreferParis

Jan 15, 2018
I am quite upset. I wore my classic flap for the first time today, and as I was heading back to my hotel I noticed that there is already wear on both sides. One side is worse than the other. Can anybody tell me whether I am overreacting, or if this is not normal?

I'd really appreciate any of your help fellow Chanel lovers.

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_231636009.jpg
    IMG_20180620_231636009.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 622
I have a black Jumbo CF caviar so very similar to what you have, had it for almost 2 years, and still looks perfect. The pics are still difficult to see any issue clearly, did you accidentally scrape the bag against something rough? Damage of any kind at this point is definitely not normal. Maybe you are over scrutinizing?

I have a black Jumbo CF caviar so very similar to what you have, had it for almost 2 years, and still looks perfect. The pics are still difficult to see any issue clearly, did you accidentally scrape the bag against something rough? Damage of any kind at this point is definitely not normal. Maybe you are over scrutinizing?
Thanks for your feedback. No, I did not accidentally scrape my bag against something rough. I have a mini square in a different leather (grained calfskin I believe) for more than one year, and I haven't had this issue with it.

I am going to have my friend who has several Chanel handbags for her opinion too.

looked at all ur images and since u asked, in my opinion:

you are overreacting - i dont see anything. There is nothing to be "quite upset about"?? I dropped my brand new mini on the floor by accident and scratched my turnlock on the FIRST day: That was something to be upset about (and cry, actualy... ha!). TO ME; There is no leather stretched as you describe it and no loose stitchting in my eyes - what do you expect from an area of the bag where there is leather sewn onto another layer of leather and it is bended up and down when used? :amuse:

I think I see the "worn" or raw leather. It's a fairly small spot, and it could've probably been there when you bought it. I'd think this would only happen if you brushed it against something rough, like a concrete wall...

Leather will wear. I agree though that if this was brand new, you wouldn't expect to see it... but there are 'defects' on brand new bags. Which sucks because they're ridiculously priced, but it is after all leather and dents, scratches etc will happen (during production or when you wear..)

Reactions: IpreferParis