Help....overwhelmed...closet... lots of clothes...

I have my closet organized by type, like all skirts together, all pants, all dresses, all tops. Only pants and skirts are actually color-coded. I also put multiple garments on the same hanger sometimes to conserve space, like skirts, some pants, blouses, and camisoles can all share. For picking out what to wear, I usually pick one item (usually a dress, top, necklace, or purse) I really want to wear and then just go from there. Most tops will go with either black, brown, khaki, or denim ( or all of them).

I don't have that many clothes but they are carefully selected and I make sure everything goes together. Every now and again, I actually spend some time on a weekend putting together outfits, checking out how it all looks in front of a full-length mirror and mixing and matching accessories. I don't take photos or anything, but I do like to get some ideas going.

Usually if I have an occasion coming up, I will make a bit of a list of possible outfits and try things out. I also use Net-A-Porter's Notes to keep track of great outfits from certain events or occasions (parties, birthday lunch, trips overseas, theatre matinee). I just write it all down and then I can refer to it throughout the season.

I have a lot of clothes. In my closet, my clothes are organized by type. I take pics and upload them onto flickr, I used to use mystylediary.net and i also upload my pics onto other fashion message boards.

I am constantly thinking about different combinations and I take my clothes out on sunday night for mon,tues and wed and wed night for thurs and friday. That way, I can really think about what I want to wear and I come up with interesting combinations.
HTH

I used to use mystylediary.net to take pictures of my outfits. Then if I am having trouble coming up with an outfit, I will flip through my old pictures for ideas. There are a lot more of those closet organizer/outfit website, software, iphone apps out there now on outfit organization. I am sure you will be able to find one that works for you. The key thing is to take pictures and inventory of the stuff that you own.