HELP! New Pochette NM strap defective or not? :(

AnVic

Oct 23, 2012
I've already went to LV store last Monday to have them check it if its a defect, they said its not and its natural to be like that. I also told them that this might open later on but they insist its not. :sad: here's the pic hope you can see what I mean. For those who have the same strap, hope you can enlighten me and pictures will help too.

image-1202708353.jpg

Bought this January 26. I do hope that this is not a big thing coz I really really want to use it but I'm still on the fence about it. :cry:

Last edited:
If you're talking about the sealing on the edge of the strap, then from the pictures it looks like there's something wrong. When I bought my DA NF GM, the first one I looked at had straps (the ones that cinch the bag) that looked exactly liked that. I showed the SA and she said it was a defect, like maybe they didn't seal it right.

image-741205717.jpg

They said its normal to be like that when you curl it to the hook, I also told them about that 2 little bumps and the other side isn't like that. :cry: Oh and they said that won't split coz the strap stitch in the middle. I was actually going to exchange it to DE instead but change my mind coz i love how the mono looks on the Pochette but i should have asked for a new one to compare, that's what i forgot. :nogood:

Last edited:
No it isn't normal for it to look like that, because that's how the strap on the NF looked and the SA said it was a defect. I'm sorry :sad: You should go back and ask them to look at it again.

Take it back. You spent a lot and should be 100% happy. I exchanged my de speedy for another one because the underside of the first bag's handles felt uneven. VERY nit-picky, but was fully entitled to get a different one since I didn't use it at all.

If they insist it's not a defect then they should be willing to take it back and give you another one. :smile:

i wouldnt accept it lookin like that as a brand new piece.. already looks old and splitting.

Send it back!! Mine doesn't look like that.

That looks as if it might eventually split. No good!

No it isn't normal for it to look like that, because that's how the strap on the NF looked and the SA said it was a defect. I'm sorry :sad: You should go back and ask them to look at it again.

Take it back. You spent a lot and should be 100% happy. I exchanged my de speedy for another one because the underside of the first bag's handles felt uneven. VERY nit-picky, but was fully entitled to get a different one since I didn't use it at all.

Thank you all for your replies. The 2 SA's said it's normal but i'm still hesitant coz to me it really looks off :tdown: she's new and i even saw it myself when she put the strap on the Pochette, but i didn't check the strap only the canvas. I've been contemplating for weeks if this is really normal and last monday i took it to LV to ask. This weekend i'll bring it to another store and insist of EXCHANGING it. Please wish me GOODLUCK! :sad: