Help! New LV lining doesn't seem that luxurious?

Keep it?

• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

jitterenn

Aug 30, 2014
Hi! I recently bought an Empreinte backpack and the inside lining does not seem luxurious.
18157484_10153928474637824_9167674175724781602_n.jpg

I went online to see the same issue with the new Empreinte pochette metis; they used to use microfiber and now they're using this hard... cotton-like lining? I'm not sure what it's called, but they don't even try to advertise it on their website (You can see that for the Pochette Metis Monogram under their description box, they write "Microfiber lining" and there is no mention of the lining at all in the Empreinte Pochette Metis).

So my question is... is the backpack I bought worth the pricetag of $2530 before tax with their new, seemingly cheaper lining?
18194644_10209045597558295_4957014336868540536_n.jpg

Thank you guys :'( I think the only thing I don't like about the bag is the lining because it's so HARD but everything else is perfect!

Hi! I recently bought an Empreinte backpack and the inside lining does not seem luxurious.
18157484_10153928474637824_9167674175724781602_n.jpg

I went online to see the same issue with the new Empreinte pochette metis; they used to use microfiber and now they're using this hard... cotton-like lining? I'm not sure what it's called, but they don't even try to advertise it on their website (You can see that for the Pochette Metis Monogram under their description box, they write "Microfiber lining" and there is no mention of the lining at all in the Empreinte Pochette Metis).

So my question is... is the backpack I bought worth the pricetag of $2530 before tax with their new, seemingly cheaper lining?
18194644_10209045597558295_4957014336868540536_n.jpg

Thank you guys :'( I think the only thing I don't like about the bag is the lining because it's so HARD but everything else is perfect!
I personally find that the traditional lining holds up to wear and tear better than alcantara does, not to mention it's usually easier to clean

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
I don't know but if you like the bag :confused1:
But yeah the price is really expensive so if you aren't happy with it then sent it back. Cause you will always have this in your mind!

This textile lining is typically used with empreinte leather (to keep it lighter). The microfiber is used in epi and some mono/da bags. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! Knowing this puts my mind at ease. I didn't think I was going to get a reply so soon so I was still worrying haha. I love empreinte SLG, but I didnt realize their bags usually have textile lining (I now know what it's called).

I personally find that the traditional lining holds up to wear and tear better than alcantara does, not to mention it's usually easier to clean
Thank you so much Miss Krys! I was trying to look for pros and cons of this lining vs the other lining; although the microfiber lining feels really soft and nice, I wasn't thinking about the ease of cleaning all. What you are saying makes sense :smile: this is actually my very first big purchase so I wanted to make sure everything was okay and I'm getting a good bang for my money.
Love this community!

Reactions: PrincessBala
Thank you so much! Knowing this puts my mind at ease. I didn't think I was going to get a reply so soon so I was still worrying haha. I love empreinte SLG, but I didnt realize their bags usually have textile lining (I now know what it's called).
You're welcome...enjoy your pretty backpack!

I don't know but if you like the bag :confused1:
But yeah the price is really expensive so if you aren't happy with it then sent it back. Cause you will always have this in your mind!
I think I am happy with the bag, but I was hesitant because I have never spent so much on a handbag before!
I wonder if I will use it often!! I can't imagine bringing it on the subway with me but if I ever go shopping it seems like a good option :smile:

Reactions: beautycase
Thank you so much Miss Krys! I was trying to look for pros and cons of this lining vs the other lining; although the microfiber lining feels really soft and nice, I wasn't thinking about the ease of cleaning all. What you are saying makes sense :smile: this is actually my very first big purchase so I wanted to make sure everything was okay and I'm getting a good bang for my money.
Love this community!
You're welcome:biggrin: I had an Artsy and a Reggia for a while and keeping the interiors clean was a nightmare since the alcantara lining likes to cling onto hair, lint, dirt, hopes and dreams...heck, I found dog hair in my Artsy and I didn't even own a dog.