Help! New Embroidered Marcie Satchel @ NM

roxmdav123

O.G.
Mar 12, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the Chloe family. And, I am totally obsessed! The Marcie and the Paraty bags are so, so gorgeous. I recently purchased the black Paraty in medium, and am seriously considering the medium Marcie in overseas (blue) or black. I just saw the new Embroidered Marcie Satchel that is on pre-order at NM:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...3Dchloe%26_requestid%3D50732%26N%3D4294967029

My question - do you think that the embroidery motif takes away from the beauty of the design? I am unsure as to whether I should get the plain Marcie (in black or blue) or this new embroidered style in black. Marcie owners, please let me know what you think. Thank you!

Saying the truth this is not for me...

But I love the other new style with the braided details...saw it IRL this weekend...and even I thought, I do not need some more Marcies ( I own 6 so far ) I am sure I will buy one for spring/summer ( camel probably ). I also love that it comes with a shoulder strap...

I'm new in the chloe forum. I too am obsessed with the Marcie. But I will definitely not take this one, I think indeed that the embroidery motif takes away all the charm of the purse. but it's just me.

Would have to see it IRL to make sure, this is a new look even from the braided ones on the Saks website, however, I think it puts a different spin on the Marcie, it definitely takes away from the simple lines, but maybe IRL it's a cute bag. Sometimes different is more fun.
If the bag pulls at your heart strings then it's for you.

I'm not so sure what to think about the new, embroidered Marcie. I agree with llson that it is one to see in person to make sure. One feature of the Marcie that I love is the soft, supple leather. The embroidery might take away from that and make it very stiff, or it might make the bag look too busy - but again, the only way to know for sure is to see it in person.

I have seen the braided version in the large Marcie in Nut and Natural, and for some reason I just didn't like it nearly as much as the regular Marcie. The new braided version has a thick, black leather piping where the zipper is, and I really didn't like that at all. Maybe I would like the braiding in the smaller version, or in the large hobo. For me, it's all about proportion...sometimes the extra details work, but it depends on what size, color, feel of the leather, etc. Good to see it in person first.

Chloe75-

Good gawwd I said to myself when you said you have 6 Marcies..;)..then I realized I too have exactly 6 Marcies! :shrugs: Oh my, enough....but just like you I am entertaining the thought of some new ones. I have never seen the Camel in person - does it look like the Tan, or lighter/softer? I'm very curious about Tan and the color Clay - which I have only seen on the new messenger Marcie as featured on the Saks website. That color looks gorgeous - would like to see that in the large hobo.

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. I think I am going to avoid embroidered Marcie and go for the cross-body Marcie with the braided trip or a regular Marcie. I am dying for a black Marcie, and I think the cross-body strap would be wonderful.

I'm totally, absolutely obsessed with this Chloe Marcie! A dangerous obsession, I think!

Thanks, again!

I agree with everyone else, the Marcie with all the embroidery looks too Doily-esque to me, and old fashioned.

I love the one Adeola posted, it comes in Ruby too which is so pretty.