• K28 rouge H retourne box

• K28 rouge vif retourne box

• K32 rouge vif ardennes retourne

Results are only viewable after voting.

kirpi_chan

O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
Hello ladies,
I am very new to H. I have been reading up as much as I can and I have finally decided on what I do want - which is Box and vintage Kelly. I have recently acquired a choc box Retourne kelly 28, but have also been hoping to get a red or burgundy. Just my luck, I have four choices and I can only buy 1 as my money tree ( AKA husband ) has gone on strike. So I am Mum to two active toddlers and so need a bag that I can use both casually but also dress up.
So the choices are
1. K 28 sellier box rouge h with PHW
2. K 28 retourne box rouge h with GHW
3. K 28 retourne box rouge vif with GHW
4. K 32 retourne ardennes rouge vif with GHW ( my dear fried pointed this out as an alternative to box)
all come with straps.
Thanks so much for your help in advance! I love this forum.

A kelly sellier 28 screams formal to me while a retourne can work formally and casually.

I would go retourne rather than sellier because I think it's more versatile. However, you already have a 28 retourne in another color so sellier is an option if you want to change things up (though I still say retourne for its versatility) .

Color and hardware are very subjective. I love Rouge H - prefer it to any other red that H makes. I especially love vintage Rouge H - such a rich, neutral color that goes with everything. Rouge H with GHW is more "formal/classic" while "PHW" can be seen as more "casual/trendy". It also depends on what type of jewelry you wear, though I mix and match so for me, HW doesn't matter.

Personally, I would choose a Rouge H Kelly retourne in PHW or GHW as that's my HG and my next bag purchase :smile:

However, for you, I think you should go for the 32 in Ardennes. Why? A 32 will hold more than a 28 and with 2 toddlers, can accommodate everything from sippy cups, to an extra sweater to little toys! A 28 is smaller will only hold your essentials but with 2 toddlers in tow, I assume you need to carry more. Also, while I LOVE LOVE LOVE box, Ardennes is just a hardier leather. I think back to when my kids were toddlers and there were sticky hands, spilled juice and toy cars wheeling across my bag. With box, I would have a heart attack as it shows every scratch. Ardennes would hold like iron.

At the end of the day, no choice is the wrong choice. You just have to determine what fits best with your lifestyle (do you carry a ton of stuff? Are you more of a casual person? etc) and your personality (are you going to go crazy with every scratch? are you more carefree with your stuff? etc) and take it from there. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks so much for the reply jyyanks! I think you have made some really important points esp with having to put loads of kids stuff in the bag. And yes I think I need a fairly hardy bag. Like you I mix my jewellery and I tend to be very casual in wear - live in jeans, t shirts ( no point in dressing I'll be covered in snot soon ! )

I'll vote for a K 32 in Ardennes as well. It is more scratch resistant and roomier than the 28.

Box leather is beautiful but I would be hesitant to wear it while chasing around 2 active toddlers unless you don't mind the scuffs and scratches from bumping the bag around!

A kelly sellier 28 screams formal to me while a retourne can work formally and casually.

I would go retourne rather than sellier because I think it's more versatile. However, you already have a 28 retourne in another color so sellier is an option if you want to change things up (though I still say retourne for its versatility) .

Color and hardware are very subjective. I love Rouge H - prefer it to any other red that H makes. I especially love vintage Rouge H - such a rich, neutral color that goes with everything. Rouge H with GHW is more "formal/classic" while "PHW" can be seen as more "casual/trendy". It also depends on what type of jewelry you wear, though I mix and match so for me, HW doesn't matter.

Personally, I would choose a Rouge H Kelly retourne in PHW or GHW as that's my HG and my next bag purchase :smile:

However, for you, I think you should go for the 32 in Ardennes. Why? A 32 will hold more than a 28 and with 2 toddlers, can accommodate everything from sippy cups, to an extra sweater to little toys! A 28 is smaller will only hold your essentials but with 2 toddlers in tow, I assume you need to carry more. Also, while I LOVE LOVE LOVE box, Ardennes is just a hardier leather. I think back to when my kids were toddlers and there were sticky hands, spilled juice and toy cars wheeling across my bag. With box, I would have a heart attack as it shows every scratch. Ardennes would hold like iron.

At the end of the day, no choice is the wrong choice. You just have to determine what fits best with your lifestyle (do you carry a ton of stuff? Are you more of a casual person? etc) and your personality (are you going to go crazy with every scratch? are you more carefree with your stuff? etc) and take it from there. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I'll vote for a K 32 in Ardennes as well. It is more scratch resistant and roomier than the 28.

Box leather is beautiful but I would be hesitant to wear it while chasing around 2 active toddlers unless you don't mind the scuffs and scratches from bumping the bag around!

ITA agree with the great advise given from our lovely members
since you are looking for a bag that can be dressed up and down
then a retoune should be the model
and i'd recommend a 32 since you have k28 under your belt

best of luck

Definitely the K32 Ardennes based on your needs. I would caution that I find the K32 too small to cart around a lot of kiddie stuff and I find it harder to get in and out of a Kelly compared to a birkin. My son is always asking me to hold his sweater/hat/sunglasses etc and I can't do that when carrying my Kelly.

Very convincing arguments here for K32 Ardennes from all others, and I agree too.
Since you already have a K28, K32 seems like a great alternative. I love the size of K32 and red with GHW combo is TDF. So while box is lovely, depending on your tolerance for scratches, with young children Ardennes would be more forgiving and practical.