Help Needed with Prada Bag Closure

Kathy K

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Hi, ladies. I'm hoping you can help me with something. Several months ago, I bought this Prada satchel from Neiman Marcus:

CIMG0670.jpg

It's a great bag for work, and I love it. The problem is, one of the two little buttons that you push to open the bag is stuck. The other one still works fine, but I was worried that if it too got stuck, I'd have a real problem. I took it back to Neiman, and they said it was a common problem and that they would be happy to repair it at no cost.

Six weeks later, I FINALLY got the bag back, and was horrified to discover that they hadn't fixed the bag -- no clue what they were doing with it for six weeks, but there is no sign that they did any repair whatsoever.

I know I can go back to Neiman and send it away again, but they're saying it would likely take EIGHT weeks to get it back, and I hate to lose the bag for another two months. Also, every time I go back in there, another Prada seems to come home with me. Neiman's bag department is a VERY addictive place. :P

Have any of you had this problem and have any idea how to fix it without losing it to Neiman again?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and for the record, here's the Prada that landed in my shopping bag on Sunday. A wine (amaranto) vitello daino hobo. I really need a cheaper hobby (sigh)...

Attachments

• Prada Vitello Daino.jpg
    Prada Vitello Daino.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 79
I'm sure a reputable cobbler could fix this, but would not have taken the bag back from NM, in the condition I dropped it off in. Maybe you should talk to the manager in charge of handbags at your store.

Congrats on your new hobo, it's a beauty.

I'm sure a reputable cobbler could fix this, but would not have taken the bag back from NM, in the condition I dropped it off in. Maybe you should talk to the manager in charge of handbags at your store.

Congrats on your new hobo, it's a beauty.

Longchamp, I should have explained better: the deal with NM is that they MAIL the bag back to you. A cobbler is a good idea. I'll check into that. Guess there isn't any handy home repair that anyone knows about?

^^^Hey, I was serious!! :yes:

It would take some careful finesse, but if it were my bag, I'd try it in a heartbeat. I've been known to be fearless (or foolish) anyway, but that's me. :nuts:

I own that bag in the leather/nylon combo (also from NMs a few months back) thankfully no such problem (yet!); I am with PP, a little WD40 carefully applied with a Qtip may be just what it needs! Otherwise I'd get a manager at NMs and shame them into fixing the dang thing once and for all and mailing it back to you at their expense. I love the stuff at NMs but their cust service does leave something to be desired! Good luck!