Help needed to make up my mind!!

lhrkwi

May 26, 2011
Ladies, I need a bit of help here. After putting my two'pennarth in with Jenkats last week and siding with Daria, I popped into my local store today and saw a rather nice Mitzy Messanger in Petticoat.
I've usually gone for more structured Mulberries but was really taken with this, especially after reading how to shorten the straps - isn't this forum wonderful!!
The Mitzi will be reduced by 30% on Sunday when the sale starts and the store would put it aside for me. I have a 'pot' to spend from a work bonus so, so far so good, but here begins my quandary.
I am travelling back to the UK in a fortnight, to spend two months over the summer, and I will definately make a trip to Bicester Village and I also have a long held hankering for a Printed Bays Oak, which I could pick up Duty Free on my way back here if nothing in BV.
So my question is - do I splurge now or wait to see what goodies there are in the outlets, (I've not been to one before so don't know really what they sell other than reading on the 'Shopping' threads), or wait until I come back through T5 @LHR.
:confused1:

I'm not the person to answer this as I don't own a Bays but looking at your post, I spy 'long held hankering' which I think is the key phrase. If you really want one, then the Messenger might well not fit the need. Having said that, I do love my Messenger.

I always go for bargain before heart but it's not always the right thing to do... I think hold off as there might be something at Bicester you love and if not then you've got Heathrow to look forward to.. Win, win. ;)

Oh I'm just the opposite! I'd always go with my heart over a bargain, if I really want something then nothing else will do, purchasing something else will just put it off in the long run. Which would you honestly go for if the price didn't come into it? Is there anything you really want more than the printed Bays or would you be impulse buying if you saw something at Bicester? At the end of the day you can't lose, they're both very nice bags, it just depends which would make you happier.

Personally I would buy the Mitzy since it is substantially reduced - and remember the outlets only offer a 30% discount so unless there is something you are specifically hoping to find at Bicester you may as well get the Mitzy at 30% off if you really like it? But then like Fionarcat I always go for a bargain too. As far as the printed Bays is concerned it will be available anyway in Duty Free at the duty free price and you could put the saving you make on the Mitzy towards it?

Conflicting ideas of course!! You see my problem ladies!
Have spent the evening looking at the pics I took but still none the wiser so will head to bed to sleep on it ( couple of hours ahead of GMT here).

On a seperate issue altogether the Cabbage Sparkle Bays is lovely too :drool: (took photos of that too ) but I feel in my heart of hearts that my first bays should be an Oak.

Night night...