Help needed to buy my first chanel bag please

i want a chanel

Jan 29, 2009
Hi Guys

:confused1: Im hoping all you Chanel Ladies can help me out please :confused1:

Ive admired Chanel bags on peoples arms for years now & ive decided its time to give in & give myself treat of the century to myself. Now having started looking on the net & Ebay, lets just say im completely lost :faint:as to:-

1) How much one will cost me?
2) Where to buy it?
3) Is it any cheaper to purchase from ebay or at an airport shop?
4) Which one do i want? I love the vintage ones think theyre called 2.55 or 255 the lambskin, quilted, rectangular with gold & leather straps.... but i hear everyone on here speaking about Caviar? Can someone explain the difference please?
5) What should i be buying?
6) Where from? ps i live in Glasgow, but will be travelling all over the uk with work soon so can buy anywhere in the uk really.
7) Lastly, how much do they cost? can someone give me an idea on the type ofstyle i like & costs of each? Just the prices seem to be all over the place on the net & ebay. Is it any cheaper buying from ebay?........ OH ITS HARD WORK BUYING A CHANEL!!!! :woohoo:BUT I LOVE IT :heart:

Im sure it will be worth the effort :yahoo:

:tup:Thanks guys..... hope to hear from yaz soon :tup:

Last edited:
:welcome: you are in the right forum to ask these questions, welcome!! I'm not an expert at all, but here are my two cents:

1) How much one will cost me?
depending on style, age and condition, anywhere from USD 800 to USD 3k+
2) Where to buy it?
i would suggest boutique or trust worthy pre love store such as Let-Trade.
3) Is it any cheaper to purchase from eBay or at an airport shop?
you would have a better chance at eBay to score a bargin, but airport shop allow you to try on the bag and don't have to worry about authencity.
4) Which one do i want? I love the vintage ones think theyre called 2.55 or 255
the lambskin, quilted, rectangular with gold & leather straps.... but i hear everyone on here speaking about Caviar? Can someone explain the difference please?
would u be carrying it often or just for special occasions? If you do want to carry it often, I would suggest Caviar becuase it's much durable than lambskin and require far less care.
5) What should i be buying?
If you have your heart set on Reissue (2.55 sytle), 226 to 228 would most useful, as 225 is a bit too small for daily use according to some PFers.
6) Where from? ps i live in Glasgow, but will be travelling all over the uk with work soon so can buy anywhere in the uk really.
i would suggest boutique or trust worthy pre love store such as Let-Trade.
7) Lastly, how much do they cost? can someone give me an idea on the type ofstyle i like & costs of each? Just the prices seem to be all over the place on the net & eBay. Is it any cheaper buying from ebay?........ OH ITS HARD WORK BUYING A CHANEL!!!! :woohoo:BUT I LOVE IT
the new ones goes from higher 1k to just shy of 4k USD.