Help needed: any experience buying tableware on a trip?

1. SHOPBOP The big SALE just launched, with markdowns of 40% on 5,000+ styles, including the designer boutique! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NET-A-PORTER NAP's annual Spring/Summer sale is now live, save up to 50% on their designer inventory! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’m traveling to the UK next month and wanted to see if anyone has ever tried to purchase and bring back tableware on the plane... I’m not sure if that’s the best idea.. any previous experiences and suggestions are appreciated! Xx

2. I’ve purchased H dinnerware and brought it home on a six hour plane ride. As long as you have the correct H boxes for the pieces and keep the boxes securely packed in your carryon, it should be fine. The H boxes are actually very well made and most come with form fitting foam inserts to protect the item. My SA offered to ship the pieces home for me but honestly I felt they were in better care with me than random fedex guys tossing packages around at every stop. I would never put them, or any H items really, in checked luggage though.

3. I have done this and have also had the store ship to me - I recommend shipping. The knives can't go in carry-on.

Jaaanice and papertiger like this.
  4. I think I recall some were chatting in the homewares thread (link below) about having done this. Good luck! :flowers:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-homeware-kitchenware-include-pics.542219/

Jaaanice likes this.
  5. I second this! I travel a lot and often buy tableware during my trips and each box is designed to protect each piece with the internal foam inserts. I am mindful to make sure my purchases fit inside my hand luggage though as I also wouldn’t put it in checked luggage. You’ll be fine, and don’t forget to post pictures in the clubhouse thread (above) so we can drool over your purchases :biggrin:

Jaaanice and acrowcounted like this.
  6. Never flown with Hermes tableware, but we have flown with delicate wine glasses as a carry on, and it was always fine.

Jaaanice likes this.
  7. Thanks for your replies! Will def post tons of pix of my haul. I’m sooooo excited!

JA_UK and etoile de mer like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice