Help! Need your girls's opinions!

LOL I am a long time lurker/cl lover (all 2 pairs I own) but I guess I feel the need to say that even though loub hottie is only 14 years old, the bottom line is that it's up to her parents to allow her to wear these shoes or not. Apparently they are allowing her, which is whatever, they are just shoes after all. I don't feel like she needs a lecture about what is appropriate. I am sure some of you women are buying these shoes when you can't afford them or are too old to look hot, or my favorite is when someone posts a truly awful outfit pic but no one will say, "wow that looks terrible on you". So since this is a safe place for fashion stop trying to be this kids parent and just give her your opinion on what she posted.
That being said, go for the nude VP, it will never go out of style and goes with everything!

Perhaps this is why you lurk?

It would be incredibly rude and uncouth to tell a fellow member of this forum that something "looks terrible on them".

Sure, it's up to her parents whether to buy her the shoes or not, or whatever their role is, but if someone posts a question on a public forum, anyone who wants to can respond in any way they choose.

Last edited:
Maybe you should wait a couple years for the pigalili..and IMHO it's not worth $3500+ besides it's really a one time only wear shoe..
Anyways, I see high school girls wear louboutins quite alot ( sweet 16 presents)
A lot of young hollywood wear them as well, (Miley, Selena, Taylor, Miranda Cosgrove.)
So I don't think it's THAT bad if a little girl wears louboutins..but I do agree with the other ladies that the loubouts and pigalilis are way too innapropiate.

Get something cute, new declics seem pretty innocent.. However they are 120mm
Maybe a pair of flats? You can wear them with pretty much anything, and you won't be mistaken for a full grown woman. :tup:

These ladies are 18, 18, 21, and 17 respectively.

These ladies are 18, 18, 21, and 17 respectively.

And I'm sure they don't wear them all the time. Just special events. I'm 18 and I certainly don't. Going out for dinner maybe but if I'm going to a mall with friends or just going to grab groceries, I'll usually wear plain shoes. Be it my flip flops or JC sandals at the most. Occasionally something higher like a wedge if I'm making a day of it. I'm still young and I know about the potential health problems it could cause in the future. I figure I can wear them sometimes now and have relatively healthy bone structure and articulation in my feet and back so I can still wear my heels later in life. Especially when I'll have lots of different events to look forward to! And of course I can buy more beautiful shoes and embrace the sexiness of Louboutins.

Buy and enjoy your Louboutins, LH, but remember to enjoy your teens too! And if some pairs feel age inappropriate (I know I feel some still are for me at this age), there will always be more beautiful shoes to buy and wear in the future! ;)

LOL I am a long time lurker/cl lover (all 2 pairs I own) but I guess I feel the need to say that even though loub hottie is only 14 years old, the bottom line is that it's up to her parents to allow her to wear these shoes or not. Apparently they are allowing her, which is whatever, they are just shoes after all. I don't feel like she needs a lecture about what is appropriate. I am sure some of you women are buying these shoes when you can't afford them or are too old to look hot, or my favorite is when someone posts a truly awful outfit pic but no one will say, "wow that looks terrible on you". So since this is a safe place for fashion stop trying to be this kids parent and just give her your opinion on what she posted.
That being said, go for the nude VP, it will never go out of style and goes with everything!

Wow.... Mod's I think it is time to close this thread....

Perhaps this is why you lurk?

It would be incredibly rude and uncouth to tell a fellow member of this forum that something "looks terrible on them".

Sure, it's up to her parents whether to buy her the shoes or not, or whatever their role is, but if someone posts a question on a public forum, anyone who wants to can respond in any way they choose.
AGREE 100%. :tup:

First post and this is all you can say?

LOL I am a long time lurker/cl lover (all 2 pairs I own) but I guess I feel the need to say that even though loub hottie is only 14 years old, the bottom line is that it's up to her parents to allow her to wear these shoes or not. Apparently they are allowing her, which is whatever, they are just shoes after all. I don't feel like she needs a lecture about what is appropriate. I am sure some of you women are buying these shoes when you can't afford them or are too old to look hot, or my favorite is when someone posts a truly awful outfit pic but no one will say, "wow that looks terrible on you". So since this is a safe place for fashion stop trying to be this kids parent and just give her your opinion on what she posted. That being said, go for the nude VP, it will never go out of style and goes with everything!

^^ :shocked:

LH asked for people's opinions, which as a community, that is what these ladies are doing. you are entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to theirs. having read all of the comments, it is highly likely that what has been expressed here is what she will be facing in real life outside this forum. it would be easy to enable her to get whichever of the three she listed. since you lurk, you've probably seen the lovely and classy ladies and gents give heartfelt and constructive opinions when they are asked.

LH - i echo what has been said by the ladies here, in addition to the comments about age, there is the physiological issue that your feet and body are still growing, and that wearing heels so young will have a negative impact.

bella - my parents would have done the same!

This thread is NOT constructive, I'm sure when LH posted this thread she was prepared for the fact that some of the answers may be like this, and I have to say I agree with the majority. That being said it is your life and your money so you do whatever you want with it. LunaLlena that is a really uncalled for comment and 1 that is not appreciated on TPF, people would never say that they don't like something that someone else has posted because if you don't like it then its just better to say NOTHING, which is perhaps what you should have done in this case!

Wow, I'm gone for one night and I come back to this. xD LunaLlena it's not that much of a big deal, I simply asked for their opinions and that is what they said. I'm not gonna be sad or anything that people are saying I'm too young because I asked for their opinion and that IS their opinion. :smile: I asked for an opinion not an argument on how someone is "too old" to look hot or whatever. Honestly no one can be too old to look hot in CLs. Madonna is 53 and the louboutins she has worn, she looks amazing. And at 50 something you'd expect someone to tone it down a bit. But no Madonna rocks her CLs and looks fantastic. So it's not necessarily true that someone is too old to look hot.
bling*lover - I totally agree, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. We don't want the forum to end up like that, if one person starts acting up, other people do too. I was on a forum where basically you would say something not even harmful and they *****ed at you. It's not fun.

Last edited:

WOW! You certainly blew your one and only chance to make a good impression. I usually welcome newcomers, but in this case, I advise you to stick to lurking. You clearly have much to learn on social etiquette.

LL, we gave you our opinion and the majority agree you are too young. Whether or not you get a pair of CL shoes will ultimately depend on your parents decision. ;)

Last edited:
I didnt even start wearing heels until I was 18 and that was a very very small heel for graduation. I guess times have changed (im 26), but when I was 14.. looking sexy was not the first thing on my mind.

I didnt even start wearing heels until I was 18 and that was a very very small heel for graduation. I guess times have changed (im 26), but when I was 14.. looking sexy was not the first thing on my mind.

Well looking sexy isn't on my mind either xD, I just love louboutins, that's why I look at them. Not to try and look sexy. I'm actaully gonna get the nude ones for special occasions, and flats for just everyday. Since I do want to wear louboutins everyday so it would be better for me to get flats.

noone is here to judge and if i had to pick out a pair for you i would say the VP but i do have to mention as well that 14 is verrry young to be wearing these kinda shoes.
having said that i own a high end lux multi brand and my 7 (!!!!!) year old niece comes in regular and tries on ALL high heels and walks around in them like it is normal and although i tell her off and tell her i will offer her her first pair of heels when the time is right i cant stop thinking what and when she will be wearing "grown up" shoes.... but i know it will not be when she is 14 :yes: maybe 16 ?
until then if she insists on wearing designer shoes because she wants to be "fancy" then she can wear flat Louboutins for instance (im over 30 and have tons of flats as well as heeled loubies)
either way let us know your decision and do not run in them...

I am so sorry to see the comment that was made in response to some honest opinions that were asked for by the OP.

I think LH has made the best decision thinking about flats for every day. I agree that wearing CLs with the higher heels are likely to be detrimental to her young (and still growing and changing) bone structure if worn for lengthy periods of time.

There is a reason why we over 18's save the 140+ (and for me 120!) for special occasions/short term wear - they can make your feet, hips, back and knees ache - and at 27 I don't consider myself too old to look hot in my heels!