Help! My skin is hyper sensitive.

dcooney4

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I'm looking for a new skin care line. I bought a new one couple days ago. After using it the second day I got small welts on my face. It has now subsided but I need something. Any suggestions would be welcome.:s

Different brands work for different individuals. I have dry and very very sensitive fussy skin, Olay has been my HG of late. Check out Makeupalley.com for product ratings. Olay doesn't work for everyone though.

apart from being sensitive is your skin giving you any other troubles? is it dry or flaky or oily? what products gave you welts? I`ll be happy to suggest something once I know a bit more :yes:

Shiseido skincare gave me the welts. Before that I was using philosphy make up optional skin system which I'm not allergic to except for the eye cream. I have an oily tzone and the rest of my skin can be quite dry. I was getting little white heads with this though and sometimes i get redness.

My skin is sensitive too. It is dry and if I treat it for dryness then I will get spots and if I treat it for spots it will become so dry it looks like it will break. Anyways I went to see a dermatologist who recommended me to start using Clarins products for sensitive skin and this has worked. I no longer get outbreaks and the skin is less dry.

I would recommend a hypoallergenic brand, like La Roche Posay or Vichy.

La Roche Posay has a great line for sensitive skin, Hydreane, which you could use together with their Effaclar H too soothe the oily parts and get rid of the dryness.

From Vichy, you could try the Aqualia Thermal Serum Fortifying Moistuirizer which is designed especially for sensitive skin.

Depends on where you are located hun, in Europe you can buy them usually in pharmacies, they are treated as medical cosmetics. If you are in US, they have store locator on their websites

http://www.laroche-posay.us/_us/_en/consumer/home/index.aspx

http://www.vichyusa.com/_us/_en/home/index.aspx

or are you in Asia?:flowers:

I dont know what your washing/cleaning skin routine is, but make sure you get hypoallergenic products for that,too.

As for the masks, that one is fantastic - Thalgo Hyposensine Immediate Bio Soothing Mask.

Olay is great for dry/sensitive skin, if you go to makeupalley.com you'd see all the raves coming from reviewers with this skin condition. Olay is also ok for normal skin but not that good on oily nor oily combo because it can be too moisturizing.

I use a variety of Olay products, but my favorite is from the Total Effects line. I get dramatic skin improvement after 1 week's use although minor changes can be seen after 1 application.

I have really sensitive skin too. My derm says it's contact dermatitis, but we don't know what I am "contacting" that's causing the redness. I am also prone to breakouts. I use Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin and Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer. This combo has been working great for me.