Help! My poor bag...

jen87

O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
I cleaned the vachetta on my neo speedy with baby wipes and it darkened the leather. Is there any way to make the vachetta lighter again? The bag had patinaed a little but I took the bag on vacation with me to Vegas and the handles got dirty. Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

i cleaned mine with babywipes and left it over afternoon and night before completely looking at the results. Its completely lightened the patina i think and dried out my leather alot too so i think i might stick to dirty handles next time. It didnt completely take off the dirt you can see it more now because the handles are lighter again but ohwell at least i know for next time :biggrin:
i think i should have let it darken abit more before cleaning it though its only 7 months old but was getting a dirrrrrrty speedy

twiggers said:
I'm going to be trying this in about 2 weeks with a cerises speedy I got....I'm soooo nervous about doing it!

Just dont use baby wips with Shea butter ect, because that might damage the handles I heard. I belive LV_ADDICT used a certian brand of baby wips that she had great results with,ask her:flowers:

I clean all my LV leather with Appleguard. It works great. I had water stains on one bag and it lightened them where you can't really notice it. Did not darken the leather. I really feel that there are leather products that are much better to use than baby wipes.