Help~~~My fendi spy

Charleneyet

Jun 7, 2009
Hi all, i brought this bag on March, i found the Mental Clip front section always scatched the side of the bag and the leather is completely fading. aslo a few fading on the botton of the bag.
Anyone had similar problem? How did you get it fixed?

Pls see the photos. Many Thanks ~

Attachments

• IMG_9670.jpg
    IMG_9670.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9675.jpg
    IMG_9675.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9676.jpg
    IMG_9676.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9677.jpg
    IMG_9677.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9682.jpg
    IMG_9682.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 92
Yes, the wear from the Spy compartment rim on the bag is common.
There is also some fading/blushing that may occur particularly with FENDI nappa brown color leathers: chocolate & cognac.

its fine, i wouldnt worry about it. its just a characteristic of the spy. Nothing can look new forever....but thats not even a problem; the way the spy ages is really nice; not like other bags.

Yes, my Blueberry spy is mint except for the rim, because the compartment rubs against it..people probably look at me like I am insane when I carefully open and close the bag...and double check..did I just scuff it? :weird: Can't you find a good repair center? Fendi recommended a number in NYC for me, they would give you the number if you call. Also, I hear Avelle does amazing leather repair/treatments now..their sales manager said "they work miracles!!" Good luck. Plum is such a beautiful color!

Buy apple conditioner. Leatherstuff.com carries it for less than $10. Make sure you get the conditioner NOT the cleaner (it's more gentle). I have the same exact spy as you and a little dab does wonders and makes the bag look brand new. It's a very gentle product that I actually discovered for my Balenciaga bags. I have also used it on my BV, so no worries there.

^ thanks nycshopgirl!

i saw your post, and as i've been having the same issues with my chocolate spy, i decided to try the apple conditioner, and it worked wonders!.. i've always been adamant that i'm not going to use any products on my bag, but the scuffs on my spy has started getting to me, its sad to see the fading spots on such a beautiful bag! anyway, love my spy so much better now, the leather is beautiful again :yahoo:

^ thanks nycshopgirl!

i saw your post, and as i've been having the same issues with my chocolate spy, i decided to try the apple conditioner, and it worked wonders!.. i've always been adamant that i'm not going to use any products on my bag, but the scuffs on my spy has started getting to me, its sad to see the fading spots on such a beautiful bag! anyway, love my spy so much better now, the leather is beautiful again :yahoo:

I have two spy bags, and honestly think it's a characteristic of the leather. I'm saving my purple spy for fall, and notice the color is lighter in some place when I bring her out in the natural daylight of my living room. I actually noticed this the day I brought her home from the store. So, I've come to believe that the leather is intended to be naturally distressed and to live with it.

HI All. I'm a Fendi Sa and NYCshopGirl80 is completely right. It is a characteristic of the nappa leather. My manager calls the color change "developing a rich patina" which is an industry term for the leather aging and developing unique accents of its own! :smile: