Help,my baby is cracking! *update page 3*

I have the same problem with my Artsy MM.....I am soooo angry. The bag is only a year old. The entire top of the bag has small splits all around! It started with one and then just spread. I took the bag to the Louis Vuitton store in NYC and went to the 4th Floor Customer Service and the very rude women there told me that it is a problem they have been having with that bag. She proceded to tell me that the reason it happens is that when you carry the bag over your shoulder your deodorant causes a reaction with the canvas and causes it to split. She told me there is nothing they could do about it. Needless to say, I am not happy. This is my third LV and it has never happened to any of my other bags....

sdaiutolo said:
I have the same problem with my Artsy MM.....I am soooo angry. The bag is only a year old. The entire top of the bag has small splits all around! It started with one and then just spread. I took the bag to the Louis Vuitton store in NYC and went to the 4th Floor Customer Service and the very rude women there told me that it is a problem they have been having with that bag. She proceded to tell me that the reason it happens is that when you carry the bag over your shoulder your deodorant causes a reaction with the canvas and causes it to split. She told me there is nothing they could do about it. Needless to say, I am not happy. This is my third LV and it has never happened to any of my other bags....

It is winter time so how can deodorant do this? Are you wearing your Artsy now with sleeves tops? Or is the cracking from previous months?

Loving My Louie's...

It is winter time so how can deodorant do this? Are you wearing your Artsy now with sleeves tops? Or is the cracking from previous months?

Loving My Louie's...
I have had it for a year and a half so yes have worn it with sleeveless tops during the summer. After posting here, I email the Louis Vuitton corporate office regarding my bag. Low and behold, I got a surprising call yesterday from the the store where I was told what was causing the problem (West 57th Street store in NYC). The girl said that my email was forwarded to them from corporate and that they were going to issue me a gift card for the value of the bag. I was actually pleasantly surprised. However, I have to first return my Artsy to them (which is understandable) and the gift card can only be redeemed a Louis Vuitton store. I purchased the bag from Louisvuitton.com so this kind of bothered me. I live in Rochester, NY and the nearest store is in Toronto. Fortunately, my husband has business in NYC next week and will be able to return my bag and pick up a new one for me. The girl from the store strongly suggested I NOT purchase another Artsy because she said the same thing would happen. I love the Artsy and really wanted to get another one. I am considering the Sully....Any thoughts???

I have had it for a year and a half so yes have worn it with sleeveless tops during the summer. After posting here, I email the Louis Vuitton corporate office regarding my bag. Low and behold, I got a surprising call yesterday from the the store where I was told what was causing the problem (West 57th Street store in NYC). The girl said that my email was forwarded to them from corporate and that they were going to issue me a gift card for the value of the bag. I was actually pleasantly surprised. However, I have to first return my Artsy to them (which is understandable) and the gift card can only be redeemed a Louis Vuitton store. I purchased the bag from Louisvuitton.com so this kind of bothered me. I live in Rochester, NY and the nearest store is in Toronto. Fortunately, my husband has business in NYC next week and will be able to return my bag and pick up a new one for me. The girl from the store strongly suggested I NOT purchase another Artsy because she said the same thing would happen. I love the Artsy and really wanted to get another one. I am considering the Sully....Any thoughts???
What a nice surprise, I'm so glad LV is doing their best to solve your problem, it's too bad this happened to your Artsy but at least you can get another bag, sorry I can't really comment on the Sully as I haven't seen it in person but I like the hardware and the zipper. Have fun deciding and congrats.

WHAT???? This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard! If that were the case, then ALL the canvas shoulder bags should be cracking! If that SA had said something so dumb to me, I would have gotten seriously ticked and really let her have it! These SA's are just so lazy and unwilling to help! Im glad you eventually got a credit though...it must have made you sick with worry! I told my SA about this and she couldn't stop laughing. Then she was embarrassed for LV as a company.

I inquired about this as well at Saks 5th ave and was told the same thing regarding the Artsy. They said the fist batches had some sort of defect but they should all be fine now.. And yes I was looking at him like he was nuts cause I just don't understand smh!

I had a problem with my Stressa GM bought in Manhattan a couple of years ago. The bag was only 3 months old and the strap started to crack. I called the store and spoke with the manager. They did a one time replacement of the bag.

I would call the store and speak to a manager again and tell them this is unacceptable. Be firm. Good Luck! I know what you are going through.

WHAT???? This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard! If that were the case, then ALL the canvas shoulder bags should be cracking! If that SA had said something so dumb to me, I would have gotten seriously ticked and really let her have it! These SA's are just so lazy and unwilling to help! Im glad you eventually got a credit though...it must have made you sick with worry! I told my SA about this and she couldn't stop laughing. Then she was embarrassed for LV as a company.

Someone started a thread on the main LV page regarding artsy being a held bag not a shoulder bag bc a SA told her that the arsty had deod / cracking issues .
I don't ever go sleeveless or strapless so it's not a worry for me ,but I do think it's assinine.

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue! I bought my Artsy last May in the Las Vegas store while on vacation. I live in Dallas so I took my back in to the Northpark Mall location to inquire about the cracks in the top of the bag.

A very rude and obviously "prepped" sales associate (may have been a manager) talked at me from across another counter, saying that this is "normal wear and tear" for coated canvas. She also told me that this bag should be worn as a elbow or hand bag, not a should bag, the way I walked in with it. My Las Vegas sales associate should have told me that. Um...what?

First, I was never told that. Second, what does it have to do with anything? I have plaque psoriasis (if you know what that is, you know that you are pretty much covered from head to toe in clothing because it is an embarrassing skin condition) so I never go sleeveless, ever! I own Valentino, Prada, Tory Burch...and a bunch of no-name bags...none of them have ever "cracked" from my clothing covered deoderanted armpits!

I am hoping that buying from LV doesn't hurt the situation. I seriously contemplated buying from SAks or NM since they have great exchange/customer service policies. It never crossed my mind that I would be treated so rudely or told that it was my fault a $1500 bag didn't last more than 10 months.

Ugh...help!

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue! I bought my Artsy last May in the Las Vegas store while on vacation. I live in Dallas so I took my back in to the Northpark Mall location to inquire about the cracks in the top of the bag.

A very rude and obviously "prepped" sales associate (may have been a manager) talked at me from across another counter, saying that this is "normal wear and tear" for coated canvas. She also told me that this bag should be worn as a elbow or hand bag, not a should bag, the way I walked in with it. My Las Vegas sales associate should have told me that. Um...what?

First, I was never told that. Second, what does it have to do with anything? I have plaque psoriasis (if you know what that is, you know that you are pretty much covered from head to toe in clothing because it is an embarrassing skin condition) so I never go sleeveless, ever! I own Valentino, Prada, Tory Burch...and a bunch of no-name bags...none of them have ever "cracked" from my clothing covered deoderanted armpits!

I am hoping that buying from LV doesn't hurt the situation. I seriously contemplated buying from SAks or NM since they have great exchange/customer service policies. It never crossed my mind that I would be treated so rudely or told that it was my fault a $1500 bag didn't last more than 10 months.

Ugh...help!

I'm having this same issue! I received my bag from DH last March and just noticed two tiny cracks. I have carried tons of different LV bags for the past 8 years and NONE of them have had issues. I'm so upset. I'm going to my local store this week and hope to get some decent customer service.