HELP MY 2nd TIME SELLING ON EBAY IS IT SAFE TO SHIP TO THE UK??????????

helpl!!! slush

workin' hard
Aug 24, 2006
I havent sold on ebay before, well once, and i SAID IN MY LISTING ONLY SHIP IN THE US AND CANADA

and i had a BIN and the person bought it so now it not up for anyone else to grab and they live in the UK

WHAT DO I DO?!!?!?!?

IS it safe to ship to the UK < the only payment i will take is PAYPAL

but is it safe? is it much more $$ cause then i am going to make them pay more for shipping since they didnt read my posting

BUT I NEED ADVICE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT KNOW HOW SHIPPING OUT OF THE US WORKS :smile:
SOMEONE ANYONE?!?!?!!?

I have shipped to the UK & lots of other places. IMO, the best way to do it is use the USPS. UPS is usually much more expensive. Package the item so that you can bring it with you & ask the postal clerk how the safest way (probably registered mail) to send it to the UK is. If it's more than your shipping charge, don't send it, go home e-mail your bidder & inform them of the price & that it is more than perhaps you had stated in you listing because you did not inlude the UK as part of your shipping destinations.

Shipping to the UK should be totally fine. Just make sure you atleast insure the item (again ask your postal worker). I have never had any trouble shipping to the UK.

Also, what is the winning bidder like? Positive feedback, new? or lots of transactions????

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

If the bidder has good feedback and has a Paypal confirmed address then I don't see any problem with you selling to them. I am biased as I am in the UK :graucho: But I often sell to US buyers no problem at all so don't see why it shouldn't work the other way round :yes:

Of course, you will want to send with the best postal service (say USPS Global Express (EMS) or similar) with full tracking and insurance. Will cost about $35-$45 I think?

It is entirely up to you if you choose to proceed of course. You have every right to cancel the transaction if you don't feel comfortable and providing you clearly stated in your auction that you wouldn't ship outside US and Canada.

Hope this helps :flowers:

ok well i sent an invoice after looking up on USPS about costs and i explained that they hadnt read the listing and that the price was going to be a lot more $$ and so i send an invoice with an extra $40 for insurance and shipping added

How can i find out if they have a paypal email thing??

i clicked SEND INVOICE in EBAY but i didnt see what her paypal email was, where do i see that

and this is what feedback looks like,,, not much :sad:?

Feedback score: 2|Positive feedback: 100%
Learn about what these numbers mean.
Latest Feedback:FromDateItem#
s.gif
i recieved the tickets by 12pm the following day after payment. excellent.!!!!!

Buyer
theresav1007
s.gif
(0)
s.gif

Nov-06-06220039521648
s.gif
s.gif
excellent ebayer. quick payer and collector ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Seller
1tirips
s.gif
(90
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif

Jan-28-067213542481

What have you sold? A high-end bag?

You will have to ask her if she/he has a Paypal Confrimed Address because I don't think you can tell until the payment comes in otherwise. In the UK we are usually Paypal Confirmed and so you will get certain protection under the Sellers Protection entitlement if she/he is confirmed :yes: I wouldn't ship to an unconfirmed address unless the buyer had superb feedback on lots of items over a period of time and I felt comfortable.

If you are not comfortable then don't proceed. You do not have to complete as the bidder does not meet your listing requirements so you can cancel the deal and get your final value fees back and re-list.

Up to you :shrugs:

If you have sent the invoice and only accept Paypal await the next stage .... receiving payment , it will tell you if they are a verified Paypal member. Keep us updated and we will see what else we can help with :yes: Shipping to the UK will be fine if everything with the buyer is fine because you can obtain proof of shipping.

ok so i guess i will wait and see what happens,,, grrr!!!

but if it doesnt go right then i guess ill cancel it

how do i get those fees back? and how do i cancel it?
:smile: do they just give it back to you or do you have to ask!?

It was a coach wallet about $200,,

I just sent a handbag to the UK on Saturday. The seller paid via paypal and she had a confirmed address. I sent it via usps express mail, which provides you with a tracking number as proof of mailing. You'll also need to fill out a customs form at the post office, which is no big deal. Other than that it's quite easy to ship to the UK. If you're comfortable, I say go for it.

Please note that if you do mail to the UK (or any foreign country, including Canada), and you ship by USPS, you MUST use USPS Global Express Mail (EMS) as priority is not enough to get you protection from Paypal when you are shipping internationall.

ok well thank you all turns out there was something shady going on and it was cancelled anyway cause they claimed they didnt bid or something

sooo NO worries about UK shipping anymore haha now i just have to relist from scratch BOO!

thanks all though!