** Help....Mini LD or MyABC LD **

pikake28

Apr 26, 2018
Hello Lady Dior true at heart :heart:,

Was hoping too get your thoughts.....I am a Bottega Veneta aficionado, I do have other designer special pieces however, I am starting to venture into the art of DIOR! I just purchased my 1st Dior piece...the Around the World large book tote.

Now I am thinking of either the deep red patent mini LD as I love the look and chain, I know there are variations of the red...but I am looking at the deep red like the Chanel red - https://www.dior.com/en_us/products...y-dior-bag-cherry-red-cannage-patent-calfskin

Or the My ABCDior in the jade - https://www.dior.com/en_us/products...dusty-jade-lady-dior-my-abc-dior-lambskin-bag

I have small mini bags with BV in gunmetal and love it, although I don't use a small bag for my everyday wear, as I usually carry everything so I use a tote. In all honesty, I don't need another bag...but fell in love with the look and history behind the bag. I don't have a patent bag and the beautiful red drew me into the bag. I really wasn't thinking of the small as I feel it changes the look of the bag and not as elegant feeling...maybe due to the chain strap. However, I am concern if I will be able to fit the bare necessities in the bag. So...if I was to entertain a small size, because I like to color and the uniqueness of the strap, I thought I might want to consider the MYABCD bag in the jade color.

As you can see....I really am confused and need some guidance here from you DIOR experts :blush: ! Looking forward to hearing from all of you, many thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts!!!

Thank you so much....I am drawn to the deep red as well! I am 5' & 3.5" (about 160cm) too.

Just realized looking back at my post I put the link to the small size LD.....but I am trying to decide between the MINI LD and NOT the small

Hello Lady Dior true at heart :heart:,

Was hoping too get your thoughts.....I am a Bottega Veneta aficionado, I do have other designer special pieces however, I am starting to venture into the art of DIOR! I just purchased my 1st Dior piece...the Around the World large book tote.

Now I am thinking of either the deep red patent mini LD as I love the look and chain, I know there are variations of the red...but I am looking at the deep red like the Chanel red - https://www.dior.com/en_us/products...y-dior-bag-cherry-red-cannage-patent-calfskin

Or the My ABCDior in the jade - https://www.dior.com/en_us/products...dusty-jade-lady-dior-my-abc-dior-lambskin-bag

I have small mini bags with BV in gunmetal and love it, although I don't use a small bag for my everyday wear, as I usually carry everything so I use a tote. In all honesty, I don't need another bag...but fell in love with the look and history behind the bag. I don't have a patent bag and the beautiful red drew me into the bag. I really wasn't thinking of the small as I feel it changes the look of the bag and not as elegant feeling...maybe due to the chain strap. However, I am concern if I will be able to fit the bare necessities in the bag. So...if I was to entertain a small size, because I like to color and the uniqueness of the strap, I thought I might want to consider the MYABCD bag in the jade color.

As you can see....I really am confused and need some guidance here from you DIOR experts :blush: ! Looking forward to hearing from all of you, many thanks in advance for reading and your thoughts!!!

*** So sorry, Just realized looking back at my post I put the link to the small size LD.....but I am trying to decide between the MINI LD and NOT the small ***

Thank you so much....I am drawn to the deep red as well! I am 5' & 3.5" (about 160cm) too.

Just realized looking back at my post I put the link to the small size LD.....but I am trying to decide between the MINI LD and NOT the small

Well I personally own a red patent LD in the mini size :giggle:

The red patent mini, since you like the chain. It should be able to fit most of what you need to carry, as long as your phone isn't too big.

Another vote for the patent red. I looked at this exact patent red but in the medium size. It’s a gorgeous red and it’ll spice up any outfit. The jade is pretty too and a nice neutral. Let us know what you decide!

Thanks SO much everyone for taking the time to post your thoughts!!! Yes, I learned today from my SA that the MYABC doesn't come in a patent leather, is available in lambskin in the U.S but not ultra matte. Forgive me, but since I am new to Diore and the different variation of leather...I don't know the difference of the look / feel between the 2. I feel for the jade color, it would be nicer not in a patent version..even if they had it as I think the color is a nice soft tone....having it be patent...IMO will give it a different look. Where as the red....that I would want in a patent leather as I think it's a deep nice red and the patent gives it that POP .

Was trying to figure out if the patent red will be easy to match with many colors or if the soft jade would be easier. Everytime I think about it.....the mini patent red keeps coming back to me.....

Another vote for the patent red. I looked at this exact patent red but in the medium size. It’s a gorgeous red and it’ll spice up any outfit. The jade is pretty too and a nice neutral. Let us know what you decide!

Hi Vanessa....saw your post on another thread regarding the "ultramatte LD", I am hoping to get your thoughts now that it has been a few more months longer from when you first noted that you only used it once. I just saw the black ultramatte mini LD...not sure if the small size comes in that finish. What color and size did you purchase? What are your thoughts between the beautiful red mini that I am contemplating on verses the matte black and jade green? With regards to the matte black, it states the hardware is also matte black coated....has anyone heard of any issues regarding chipping or peeling? I wonder how they made the coating to stick to the hardware? I know the color black goes with everything...I was really trying to lean towards another color, of course the concern is how much use will I get if I went with the red...the jade seem like it would go with many things but not sure if it's really unique. As I need to choose one unfortunately.....anyone that has thoughts on the black ultramatte...please chime in....

Last edited: