Help me solve the mystery of 13" laptop in Mini Belt

Ella C

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
Hi everyone!

I've been planning to get a Mini Belt bag for months now, but when I went to the store to buy one I tried putting my Macbook Air 13" in it, and it was not possible even diagonally. Maaaybe I could've forced it in, but of course I wouldn't, either on a bag I own or in a store.

Now to the mystery. In a reveal film from MelSoldera I can clearly see her pulling a 13" Macbook out of a Mini Belt! Makes her look like a magician... cause I can't figure out how! :eek: It can't be a big Belt bag because it has the shoulder strap, and she states herself that the computer is 13". And I know for sure that what I tested was the Mini, not the even smaller version.

Does anyone have a Mini Belt bag and puts their 13" laptop in it and can help me understand how it's done? Thank you so much in advance!! :smile:

Here's the film (she takes the computer up at 3:40):

Reactions: Jaime.le.luxe
Maybe it has to do with the type of leather? I think mine's the same kind as hers and I was able to fit my 13" MacBook Pro in it. It's a tight fit though! I crammed mine in there in these photos but I wouldn't try to zip the bag.

Edited to add: my husband said that the MacBook Pro & MacBook Air have slightly different dimensions depending on the model. That could be a factor too. I have the 2016 13" model.

IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: PetiteAsian
Thank you so much! Beautiful pictures, both the bag and the backdrop!

Wow – I think your husband solved it! I never considered that the Air would be bigger, but looking at it it does have a lot of "margin" around the keyboard, and here's what apple.com says:

Macbook Air: 12.8" × 8.94" deep
Macbook Pro: 11.97" x 8.36" deep

This means I should wait getting my belt bag until I get the 12" macbook... But at least the mystery is solved! Thank you so much and a BIG THANK YOU to your husband as well!! :tup: My peace of mind has been restored :lol: