Help me prepare for my quality complaint meeting at LV this morning!

Wifeybug

O.G.
Aug 6, 2009
Morning, all!

I need some feedback and advice on how to approach my local LV mgr, regarding my almost-one-year-old MIU DE Speedy B 30. I am meeting with her within the next 2 hours.

I am concerned about the relatively rapid tarnishing of my lock, the wearing away of the finish on the zipper pulls, etc. Nothing new here, but I want to have my ducks in a row before today's meeting. I've already spoken to my SA, who is off today, but arranged the meeting and assured me that it will be all good.

I am super careful with my bags, baby them, rotate often, etc. Pluuuuus, my Speedy B is not an everyday bag for me. I have already packed her in her original dustbag along with my receipt, which is dated October 25, 2013. She's immaculate, except for the infamous hardware issue. I'm disappointed, and nervous, as I was planning to purchase some other items before the looming price increase. I communicated this to my SA as well.

My SA also mentioned that LV is celebrating 150 years, and that the company knows what it is doing. She cracks me up...:roflmfao:

My questions to you are as follows:

1. How have YOU handled this type of situation?

2. How did LV resolve your situation?

3. If you were (or I am) offered the opportunity to select another DE bag that doesn't "struggle" with the hardware chipping/tarnishing/fading issue, then which LV bag would you select? I'm eyeing the DE Alma MM, but unsure about the quality of the hardware. Nevertheless, please share your thoughts!

Thank you so much!

Well I just went in to get a quality issue/ defect issue resolved and didn't get and answer the same day from the manager. Still waiting to hear back from quality control. So maybe I am not the right person to be responding. Lol. I can chime in on the de alma though. I have this bag and to me the hardware is much nicer than that of my speedy. Love both of my bags but there's a noticeable difference between hardware. GL! Keep us posted on what happens!

Just state your case so to speak calmly without anger or frustration. Keep pleasant and I assume you are going to take the bag with you. Keep to the facts and be honest.

If they do offer a store credit or exchange maybe you should go for something without hardware.

Be blessed,
MoNikki

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I went to LV with my pochette métis and a glazing issue that is a defect on their part. Well, they quoted me $175 to re glaze it because it's over a year old...I know in certain cases, if a bag is under a year old there is a one time replacement courtesy for a defective issue...GL OP!!!

Morning, all!

I need some feedback and advice on how to approach my local LV mgr, regarding my almost-one-year-old MIU DE Speedy B 30. I am meeting with her within the next 2 hours.

I am concerned about the relatively rapid tarnishing of my lock, the wearing away of the finish on the zipper pulls, etc. Nothing new here, but I want to have my ducks in a row before today's meeting. I've already spoken to my SA, who is off today, but arranged the meeting and assured me that it will be all good.

I am super careful with my bags, baby them, rotate often, etc. Pluuuuus, my Speedy B is not an everyday bag for me. I have already packed her in her original dustbag along with my receipt, which is dated October 25, 2013. She's immaculate, except for the infamous hardware issue. I'm disappointed, and nervous, as I was planning to purchase some other items before the looming price increase. I communicated this to my SA as well.

My SA also mentioned that LV is celebrating 150 years, and that the company knows what it is doing. She cracks me up...:roflmfao:

3. If you were (or I am) offered the opportunity to select another DE bag that doesn't "struggle" with the hardware chipping/tarnishing/fading issue, then which LV bag would you select? I'm eyeing the DE Alma MM, but unsure about the quality of the hardware. Nevertheless, please share your thoughts!

Thank you so much!

How did it go?

Be Blessed MoNikki

Morning, all!

Thank you so much!

I just saw this post so sorry op i did not respond earlier. I do not have a DE speedy but know alot of people complained about the HW. I have a DE Alma pm . I got it over a year ago. It looks perfect. No problems who so ever. If you can get a credit , i think you should go for the Alma. The speedy may still have the same issues again. gl

Be firm but civil. Be clear that you will not be paying for any repair or replacement and you expect them to deliver a quality product that doesn't come with defective parts. Do not be intimidated.

Thanks, everyone for the input and well-wishes!

I took my bag and receipt with me to my LV store this morning.

Basically, the manager complimented me on how beautiful my bag looked after almost a year. She struggled to see what I was talking about. She said that because my hardware is in-tact, she could not send it out for repair, and that the hardware on my particular bag will develop a patina over time, and that the lock will oxidize due to exposure to air. She did not offer me any kind of credit or refund or repair service. According to her, my bag looked "almost perfect." Instead, she cleaned my lock for me, and encouraged me to enjoy my bag. She was pleasant, but blunt; I was assertive, yet humble, trying to keep the conversation "light and right." I will say that she was a bit dismissive about TPF, claiming that people are "giving out inaccurate information online." I, on the other hand, am grateful for these forums, and those who share insights and experiences, as I am a thinker/planner. It helps me to make decisions about my purchases.

After we chatted, and it became apparent to me that nothing "special" was going to come out of this meeting, I asked the mgr. to show me some different pieces and explore the "hardware thang" in more depth. The results were interesting:

1. The Speedy bags come with "basic" hardware that develops a patina/wears over time. So do other items such as: Cles, Mono Cosmetic Bag, and Mono Pouchette NM, just to name a few. This may not have been the case "back in the day," but it sure is now. And the prices keep increasing...

2. Bags that are around $2K and up get "the good stuff." I'm talking about the shiny hardware that stays shiny. They match the hardware with the price point of the bag, or at least they try to (according to the LV mgr. I spoke with). I pointed out the better quality of hardware on my Mono ZCW vs. my DE Speedy B 30. I also noticed better quality hardware on a DE Alma MM, which I am interested in purchasing. Furthermore, I noticed better hardware on DE and DA Cosmetic Bags, along with DE and DA Pouchettes NM. This may not be news to many of you; however, it was cathartic and enlightening for me to dig into this with the mgr.

My takeaways are as follows:

1. If I pull the trigger on any more LV bags or SLGs, then they will be ones with the nicer hardware. IMO, the nicer hardware takes the canvas to another level, especially the DE.

2. Even though I wasn't offered any credit or exchange opportunity, I always have the option of selling my "beautiful bag" and getting something else, such as the Alma. Heck, I bought it 2 increases ago, and I take great care of my stuff!

3. With the looming price increase, along with variations in quality, I need to determine what my "tipping point" is. Methinks I am about ready to LeaVe...

4. I must always know what I am getting, and give careful consideration to my purchases. Then I will be less likely to be disappointed/frustrated/regretful later. I try to do this; but I didn't realize just how much variation there was with LV hardware on bags. Lesson learned.

Hope this helps. Thanks again!

Thanks, everyone for the input and well-wishes!

I took my bag and receipt with me to my LV store this morning.

Basically, the manager complimented me on how beautiful my bag looked after almost a year. She struggled to see what I was talking about. She said that because my hardware is in-tact, she could not send it out for repair, and that the hardware on my particular bag will develop a patina over time, and that the lock will oxidize due to exposure to air. She did not offer me any kind of credit or refund or repair service. According to her, my bag looked "almost perfect." Instead, she cleaned my lock for me, and encouraged me to enjoy my bag. She was pleasant, but blunt; I was assertive, yet humble, trying to keep the conversation "light and right." I will say that she was a bit dismissive about TPF, claiming that people are "giving out inaccurate information online." I, on the other hand, am grateful for these forums, and those who share insights and experiences, as I am a thinker/planner. It helps me to make decisions about my purchases.

After we chatted, and it became apparent to me that nothing "special" was going to come out of this meeting, I asked the mgr. to show me some different pieces and explore the "hardware thang" in more depth. The results were interesting:

1. The Speedy bags come with "basic" hardware that develops a patina/wears over time. So do other items such as: Cles, Mono Cosmetic Bag, and Mono Pouchette NM, just to name a few. This may not have been the case "back in the day," but it sure is now. And the prices keep increasing...

2. Bags that are around $2K and up get "the good stuff." I'm talking about the shiny hardware that stays shiny. They match the hardware with the price point of the bag, or at least they try to (according to the LV mgr. I spoke with). I pointed out the better quality of hardware on my Mono ZCW vs. my DE Speedy B 30. I also noticed better quality hardware on a DE Alma MM, which I am interested in purchasing. Furthermore, I noticed better hardware on DE and DA Cosmetic Bags, along with DE and DA Pouchettes NM. This may not be news to many of you; however, it was cathartic and enlightening for me to dig into this with the mgr.

My takeaways are as follows:

1. If I pull the trigger on any more LV bags or SLGs, then they will be ones with the nicer hardware. IMO, the nicer hardware takes the canvas to another level, especially the DE.

2. Even though I wasn't offered any credit or exchange opportunity, I always have the option of selling my "beautiful bag" and getting something else, such as the Alma. Heck, I bought it 2 increases ago, and I take great care of my stuff!

3. With the looming price increase, along with variations in quality, I need to determine what my "tipping point" is. Methinks I am about ready to LeaVe...

4. I must always know what I am getting, and give careful consideration to my purchases. Then I will be less likely to be disappointed/frustrated/regretful later. I try to do this; but I didn't realize just how much variation there was with LV hardware on bags. Lesson learned.

Hope this helps. Thanks again!

I'm sorry that nothing was done for you other than cleaning your lock. I think you have a great attitude about this. Thank you for posting the information about the different hardware on different bags. I was unaware of this.

Using cheaper hardware for the less expensive bags is what I suspected, too. But those bags are not even that affordable anymore (were they ever?). I am saying this because I have a neverfull and a more expensive canvas bag, the estrela. The hardware is so much nicer on the estrela. And it seems they have really tried to cut corners with the DE Speedy B. That's just sad.

They must also be using cheaper glazing for the DE coated leather, at least for the lower priced bags. So many complaints now that the trim at the top of the neverfull splits, rubs off, etc..

I am sorry it was not the out come you wanted.

I have been saying in my short experience with LV that it is apparent they price bags per quality and style. So yes the more you pay the better quality the canvas, interior and hardware is. Just like anything else really.

I will say I do have a Speedy DE which is about a year and a half old and she does still look brand new. My two year old Mono Speedy looks good too with a nice patina. My hardware is not chipped and there are things you can do to polish the hardware but I have not had to do that yet. Problems vary I think because not everyone has the same issues. I know we expect perfection but the sad reality is nothing is perfect. Sorry again.

Enjoy your bag dear.

Be Blessed MoNikki