Help me plan(!) my next bag please! (UK Girls pls help too!)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    I know, I don't usually plan anything, but I need some help please! :nuts:

Off for a short trip to London at the end of July. Due to meeting heaps of friends and having a small child in tow, who doesn't like shopping, I won't be able to browse the stores.

I don't intend to buy any further new bags from here as the exchange rate plus the extra % is horrendous. So London is my only chance.

However, I don't really know what I want :biggrin: I've been plouging through threads, but can't seem to find the pics I'm after so hoping you could help. I think the F/W will be in then too... Search isn't working which is why I can't find any pics :sad:

Basically I want either a classic Jumbo / Maxi or a Reissue 227 / 228.
    Colours only. No neutrals. The new bordeaux reissue is v nice, as is a blue I saw somewhere (but can't find now). I don't like washed caviar for the classics, I like super-structure.

Luckily I've just seen the new wallet in the fuschia IRL and it's not for me so that's been struck of the list.

Alternatively, I could leave my money in US$ in PayPal and see what's for sale in September when I return? Still loving the older XL Jumbos...

What to do?
    Transfer into UK£ and hope for the best or leave where it is and hope for the best? :P

TIA :heart:

2. I think the navy 227 reissue is gorgeous! You should get it. Are you going to pay by credit card?

3. The search is working now!
    Navy doesn't suit me - makes my skin look as if it's recently been dug up ;)

I need clear, bright colours!

I'm thinking along the lines of the blue "turquoise" maxi / bordeaux reissue / red something LOL!
    All colours I will need to see IRL, so I think I will transfer my PayPal to UK£ just in case.

Not sure re CC, probably. Any reason?

Haven't yet worked out whether I can get tax free outside of the airport as I have a British Passport but Japan address.

It's all soooo complicated (story of my life!)

4. If you don't like the navy reissue, I think the turquoise is a great choice!

For the credit card question, I was just thinking why bother to convert the $ in PayPal. You may pay by CC and set the bill with money in your existing bank accoutns? I think we need to know if your existing bank accounts are in JPY or GBP or what?

5. Bank a/c in GBP but PP in USD. Can't withdraw into bank a/c without converting as I don't have Japanese or US account.

Need to release funds as bank a/c is low :sad:

6. Any other recommendations re classics / reissue colours? Who's seen the Prefall IRL?