Help me pick one please......toiletry pouch 15/victorine tropical epi/zcp emprinente or vernis

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hi,

I know all the following are different in their own right, but I'm undecided about which one to get. I only want to buy one at the moment, and I don't mind getting a toiletry pouch or wallet. I need both, but don't want to buy both now if you get me. Which one should I pick and why? If you have any other suggestions on SLGs, I'm happy to hear as well.
Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
1. Toiletry pouch 15: it's cute and handy to have in bags, but worried how often will I use it since I do have a mini pochettes already. Is it easy to clean inside?
2. Victorine tropical epi limited edition: love the happy summer colour, but then the coin slot is tigh as others have mentioned and also the peeling down of the slots as well. Also, is it worth the extra price, compared to the normal monogram?
3. Zippy coin purse emprinente black: love the feel and look of the wallet, but the black colour does look dull at times, and I'm not overly fond of the cerise colour. Also is Empreinte high maintence?
4. Zippy coin purse vernis amarante: love the vernis material, but then wish it came in a more summery colour, like a bright blue or pink. Amarante is not my favourite colour, but that's all that is available here, again along with cerise. But I don't like that colour.

Do you tend to carry a small amount of cards/cash? To me it almost sounds like you answered your own question -

You already have the MP so the TP 15 might not be necessary for right now. I do have the TP 19 and I try to use it, but I really don't use it as often as I should and yes the lining does wipe very easily.

The Victorine tropical Epi LE has some peeling issues, and you don't like the current selection of colors for the ZCP in Vernis.

The ZCP in Empreinte looks beautiful and I don't think this type of leather is too high-maintenance. In general any type of leather will age and scratch over time but that's normal.

It sounds like you prefer a compact wallet style - unless you don't mind longer wallets like the Emilie or Clemence. Have you also considered the Rosalie coin purse, Empreinte key pouch, ZCP in Epi, zippy multicartes, Pont Neuf compact wallet or maybe the Victorine in canvas. These are just some ideas. You could also walt and see if there are some new colors released in Vernis since you mentioned that you love type of leather.

Do you tend to carry a small amount of cards/cash? To me it almost sounds like you answered your own question -

You already have the MP so the TP 15 might not be necessary for right now. I do have the TP 19 and I try to use it, but I really don't use it as often as I should and yes the lining does wipe very easily.

The Victorine tropical Epi LE has some peeling issues, and you don't like the current selection of colors for the ZCP in Vernis.

The ZCP in Empreinte looks beautiful and I don't think this type of leather is too high-maintenance. In general any type of leather will age and scratch over time but that's normal.

It sounds like you prefer a compact wallet style - unless you don't mind longer wallets like the Emilie or Clemence. Have you also considered the Rosalie coin purse, Empreinte key pouch, ZCP in Epi, zippy multicartes, Pont Neuf compact wallet or maybe the Victorine in canvas. These are just some ideas. You could also walt and see if there are some new colors released in Vernis since you mentioned that you love type of leather.
Thank you so much for your input. Yes, I have small bags so after a small wallet. Thanks for your suggestions, will check them out when the website is up again.

I am also looking for a smaller wallet to use in my Soho and PM. I've decided on the ZCP in Empriente in the color Cerise. It was a toss up between the Cerise and Noir, but I decided I'd like a pop of color.

I've been waiting and hoping for over a year that LV would introduce some new colors of ZCP, but there's been no movement whatsoever. I know didn't help you, but I wanted to point out that I too am waiting for the perfect small wallet.

Oh dear, seems like you want a piece of SLG but don't have one that sings to you right now. Why don't you keep in view of that idea for now.

But if you still want to get something, TP15 and Mini Pochette would be similar.

Victorine and Zippy Coin Purse are both compact wallets. As you said you want both but don't need both.

So seems like Mini Pochette does the job of the TP15 for now. That eliminates the list down to compact wallet. Don't buy if you don't like the colour.

For wallets, black is the best bet, less visible wear and tear. However, I love bright coloured SLG especially in a dark lining bag as they would be easier to spot.

For the price of the ZCP in Empreinte, I would rather go for Key Pouch in Empreinte which does the job of a compact wallet and you get some savings. Sorry for confusing you.

Oh dear, seems like you want a piece of SLG but don't have one that sings to you right now. .
I agree. It sounds like OP wants to buy something, yet nothing seems to fit her exact needs. I would keep away from LV for a few weeks and continue to save money until I really fell in love with an item.

Reactions: Bumbles
I am also looking for a smaller wallet to use in my Soho and PM. I've decided on the ZCP in Empriente in the color Cerise. It was a toss up between the Cerise and Noir, but I decided I'd like a pop of color.

I've been waiting and hoping for over a year that LV would introduce some new colors of ZCP, but there's been no movement whatsoever. I know didn't help you, but I wanted to point out that I too am waiting for the perfect small wallet.
Yep! Totally agree on been waiting for LV to release new colours in the zcp. I'm thinking just my luck I will purchase a zcp and then BOOM they will release a new colour hahaha

But I am looking at the zcp in emprinente too. Undecided between the cerise and noir. The cerise looks a bit sour to me, if you know what I mean and the noir can be dusty looking at times. Arggghh first world issues. Or else I am thinking of getting the zcp in DE coz I can't go wrong there either and can always get another one when the perfect colour does arrive.

Do you have pictures of the cerise zcp? How are you finding it? Thanks for your input.

Oh dear, seems like you want a piece of SLG but don't have one that sings to you right now. Why don't you keep in view of that idea for now.

But if you still want to get something, TP15 and Mini Pochette would be similar.

Victorine and Zippy Coin Purse are both compact wallets. As you said you want both but don't need both.

So seems like Mini Pochette does the job of the TP15 for now. That eliminates the list down to compact wallet. Don't buy if you don't like the colour.

For wallets, black is the best bet, less visible wear and tear. However, I love bright coloured SLG especially in a dark lining bag as they would be easier to spot.

For the price of the ZCP in Empreinte, I would rather go for Key Pouch in Empreinte which does the job of a compact wallet and you get some savings. Sorry for confusing you.
Thanks for your advice. I have had a look at the key pouch in enpreinte too, coz of the price but there is no bright pink colour. The poppy is gone and the marine rouge thou beautiful is too similar to my denim one I already have. I might see if I have time tonight, as it's late night shopping and pop over to check them out.

I agree. It sounds like OP wants to buy something, yet nothing seems to fit her exact needs. I would keep away from LV for a few weeks and continue to save money until I really fell in love with an item.
Yeah... you hit the nail on the head. I am in need of a small wallet and work has been stressful so wanted to treat myself to something small and cute, which makes me happy when I look at it. I think the design is the zcp that I'm after, but in vernis or empreinte there is no colour that makes my heart sing. I love to get colour for my slgs since my bags are mostly DE. I think I'll check out the noir empreinte and DE and see how I go. Thanks fab!

Reactions: fabuleux
Yep! Totally agree on been waiting for LV to release new colours in the zcp. I'm thinking just my luck I will purchase a zcp and then BOOM they will release a new colour hahaha

But I am looking at the zcp in emprinente too. Undecided between the cerise and noir. The cerise looks a bit sour to me, if you know what I mean and the noir can be dusty looking at times. Arggghh first world issues. Or else I am thinking of getting the zcp in DE coz I can't go wrong there either and can always get another one when the perfect colour does arrive.

Do you have pictures of the cerise zcp? How are you finding it? Thanks for your input.

I actually haven't purchased it yet. I've seen the Noir in person, but the store I visited did not have the Cerise in stock. I've decided to wait until my annual Vegas trip this year to purchase. There are 3 or 4 LV's in Vegas so I'm bound to find the Cerise.

This young lady does a good job at reviewing the ZCP in Cerise. Later on in the video (6:50) she compares it to the Empriente Cles in Noir and says she pefers the ZCP between the two. Check out how wide the ZCP opens up at 5:50.

I though about getting the ZCP in a canvas print, but I have the Zippy Compact Wallet and the one thing that annoys me is the stiffness of the wallet. It is impossible to get coins out of (at least mine is).

Reactions: Bumbles
I think that if you just want to treat yourself with something, Toiletry 15 might be a good idea (especially if you have smaller bags and you use the Mini Pochette to carry make up). You might want to hold off with the compact wallet you until you find one that truly sings to you.

That said, I went out with some friends last week and I wanted to use a smaller bag. I ended up using my DE Cles both for keys and cards + cash. I was really unhappy about it, as it was way too much things and when I actually had to pay for something it was a mess. I've been once again debating the ZCP vs Victorine. And then I've rediscovered the Rosalie and I think I'm sold - it's VERY compact, has a zipped compartment for coins (which I really want), has 3 slots for cards (and I'd need 3-4 cards tops with me) and room for cash. The price point is just too good to pass for me. What sold me on it was a youtube video where I saw Victorine and Rosalie side by side - Rosalie is just tiny!

When it comes to your choices:
2) IMO Victorine is a better compact wallet between the two, as you can easily use it as an everyday wallet with no fuss about folding cash (if that is important to you). Personally, I can just not swallow the price point for the epi version right now (and I really love it in epi - tropical looks like a very fun version of it). Also, I don't think that every Victorine is going to have issues with card slots peeling. With coins - I think only you can answer if you tend to have a lot of them or not in your wallet.
3 and 4) I gave up on the idea of a ZCP because I already bothers me a bit that my cards get caught up in the zipper of my Clemence wallet (even though I still love it). Personally, I prefer it in empreinte noir to vernis amarante, but I'm not a fan of vernis in general. You can't really go wrong with black either. You might want to wait for an empreinte colour that is more appealing to you.