Help me pick my first Chloe! Blush Marcie or Mily?

Vivien500

Jan 25, 2017
I'm ready to venture into the world of Chloe after being a die hard Mulberry fan for years.

I've narrowed it down to the medium Marcie Cross body in blush nude or the medium Mily in blush.

I love the Marcie and it's the one I had my eye on for months, she's beautiful but I worry the leather will mark too easily. The Mily is a more robust leather but slightly darker because of that. It's also more structured so it's different to anything else I own.

If you have either what are your thoughts on the colour?

Which would you pick and why?

Attachments

• IMG_1747.PNG
    IMG_1747.PNG
    724.1 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_1748.PNG
    IMG_1748.PNG
    439.4 KB · Views: 864
I think Marcie is a better every day bag style-wise and Mily is a better dressed up option. I don't have either bag, but a lot of marcie owners say the leather is really scratch resistant and doesnt require as much upkeep. They are both beautiful options though so I don't think you can go wrong either way :smile:

I would choose the Marcie, because I also just recently got a Marcie. The bag is so light and the leather feels like it is more durable than you would think. (I chose the tan brown colour because I thought it would be more versatile for me, and less likely to show any marks) the milly may feel heavier with the hardware and possibly become annoying to open/close

Go for the Marcie! It is so timeless... I have two different Marcies in blush nude and they still look as new. One of them is my most used bag of all but still it doesn't have any sign of use or wear. Only thing is that after some time it showed some faint yellowish glue marks... but it has no scratches and the surface doesn't stain easily.

Did you choose yet? I think it would depend on your lifestyle and if you prefer a chain vs. leather strap. I think the Marcie would get more use in general. Keep us posted!

I just bought the Chloe Medium Marcie in the blush nude; however, I have only worn it a few times and I have already noticed some dark colour transfer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this or what I can put on my bag to protect this from happening further?

I just bought the Chloe Medium Marcie in the blush nude; however, I have only worn it a few times and I have already noticed some dark colour transfer.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this or what I can put on my bag to protect this from happening further?

Sadly, there is not much you can do about colour transfer, as far as I know.

If you wear darker clothes and carry a lighter bag, with natural/unfinished leather, it will happen.

Doesn't even have to be that much lighter - I had black transfer onto the red parts of a BV, years ago.

Fortunately, it didn't look too bad, as the BV also had black leather parts and the transfer was only on one side of the bag; but, still.

Best thing to do, now it has happened, is to only carry the bag with that side facing your body (so, at least one side stays clean-looking) and not worry about it too much.

As far as I know, you can't remove it and trying to do so will probably just ruin the leather and/or make it look worse.

Even a professional will probably just "paint" a coating onto the bag (which will change the beautiful finish and texture).

So, it's generally best to just leave it and confine it to the side you wear against your body, which no one will see very much, anyway.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a stress free and light weight bag, Marcie would be the one. I have a Marcie in navy and I love it. It's the bag I would grab for it I need to run to the grocery store or to the park with my kids.