Help Me Pick a Wallet for this Bag - Poll!

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
?

Which wallet goes best with the Willow Floral Grey Birch Nomad?

1. The Hologram Mercer Accordion Zip Wallet

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. The Embossed Exotic (Drifter) Grey Birch Wallet

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  3. Neither, get a different wallet!

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Forget this nonsense and use any wallet!

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. They are both great wallets, keep them both!

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. #16 Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    I have gotten quite skilled at organizing and quickly transferring wallets and bags! I love wallets and they are expensive but I will only buy them deeply discounted at the outlets. Around $100 is the most I will spend on a wallet and I have gotten lots of FP delete wallets quite cheap - at $30 to $60 to $80; but they do add up and I could have put that money into bags or something else.

I recognize and understand why wallets costs so much, there is so much work and detail put into making them, but I would rather spend the money on a bag.

The prices of these 2 wallets are at the high end of my collection and that is another reason why I have doubts.

2. #17 Feb 12, 2017
    Well, taking pictures of my new bag with a selection of my wallets was a very good exercise because it has convinced me that I really don't need any more wallets! Here are photos with some of the choices, what do you think of the options?

1) Marc Jacobs Plum, 2) Woven Cherry Patent, 3) Legacy Stripe Sateen, 4) Olive Madison, 5) Op Art Needlepoint Mahogany, 6) Black Bleecker, 7) Bonnie Legacy Stripe Vachetta, and 8) Tri-color Flap.

MJ_plum.jpg cherry_patent.jpg LegacyStripe.jpg OliveMadison.jpg OpArtBrown2.jpg BleeckerBlack.jpg BonnieLegacyStripe.jpg TricolorFlap.jpg
  3. The olive!!!

4. 1,4,8 are my favs.

katev likes this.
  5. 4, the olive, is my favorite. Second choice would be the needlepoint, 5.

Alesa and katev like this.
  6. #4 would be my pick and shopping from your collection i definitely agree is the better route, clearly the other ones you don't like due to texture so best to use what you already have, which is a great collection btw!

musiclover and katev like this.
  7. Yep the olive or the plum!!

katev likes this.
  8. +1

katev likes this.
  9. It is interesting that the MJ plum wallet and the olive Coach Madison are 2 of the favorite choices because they are my favorite wallets, and some of the cheapest.

I am carrying the Marc Jacobs (Made in Italy) "So Cool" Plum Clutch right now and I love that wallet. It holds a ton but it maintains a slim and sleek silhouette and it is so nicely made. I found it at the thrift store for $8 and it was brand new, with the cardboard and tissue inserts still inside and plastic cling protectors on the brass hardware. It originally sold for $400. I would have more wallets like this if they weren't so expensive.

I picked up the Olive Coach Double Zip Madison wristlet at the outlet for $50 (originally sold for $278). I had no reason to buy it and it didn't match any of my bags, but I really liked it and the price was great - so I bought it - and it has become a favorite and it goes well with a lot more bags than I ever expected.

I am leaning toward using the olive wallet with the grey birch nomad, thanks for your help!

Hobbsy and BeachBagGal like this.
  10. WOW, what a find with that MJ! i rarely have had a chance to see any of his things, but have liked them, The olive was a great deal too, it's actually pretty cool when some of our favorites turn out to be bargains too.

katev likes this.
  11. #26 Feb 12, 2017
    Thanks!

Here are some pics of the Marc Jacobs thrift store wallet, it was an amazingly lucky find!
    https://forum.purseblog.com/posts/21657332/

And here are more photos of the olive Double-zip Coach Madison, another great bargain:
    https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/used-my-outlet-coupon-come-see-my-big-reveal.921712/#post-29190426

BeachBagGal likes this.
  12. katev likes this.
  13. Olive vote here too!

katev likes this.
  14. I choose olive.

katev likes this.
  15. I like wow factor in my wallets so the 1st one.. Buy on the other hand the last pink one looks amazing with this bagg..

katev likes this.