Help Me Pick a Wallet for this Bag - Poll!

Which wallet goes best with the Willow Floral Grey Birch Nomad?

• The Hologram Mercer Accordion Zip Wallet

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • The Embossed Exotic (Drifter) Grey Birch Wallet

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Neither, get a different wallet!

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Forget this nonsense and use any wallet!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • They are both great wallets, keep them both!

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
...I have a hard time switching wallets - always seem to forget transferring something! Plus, the price of wallets is so high...might as well apply $ to a handbag :smile:

I have gotten quite skilled at organizing and quickly transferring wallets and bags! I love wallets and they are expensive but I will only buy them deeply discounted at the outlets. Around $100 is the most I will spend on a wallet and I have gotten lots of FP delete wallets quite cheap - at $30 to $60 to $80; but they do add up and I could have put that money into bags or something else.

I recognize and understand why wallets costs so much, there is so much work and detail put into making them, but I would rather spend the money on a bag.

The prices of these 2 wallets are at the high end of my collection and that is another reason why I have doubts.

Last edited:
Can you do a pic with the Marc Jacobs one? The hardware wouldn't be a deal killer (for me) since you aren't matchy-matchy on this anyway was actually thinking red patent...

Well, taking pictures of my new bag with a selection of my wallets was a very good exercise because it has convinced me that I really don't need any more wallets! Here are photos with some of the choices, what do you think of the options?

1) Marc Jacobs Plum, 2) Woven Cherry Patent, 3) Legacy Stripe Sateen, 4) Olive Madison, 5) Op Art Needlepoint Mahogany, 6) Black Bleecker, 7) Bonnie Legacy Stripe Vachetta, and 8) Tri-color Flap.

Attachments

• MJ_plum.jpg
    MJ_plum.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 150
  • cherry_patent.jpg
    cherry_patent.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 152
  • LegacyStripe.jpg
    LegacyStripe.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 153
  • OliveMadison.jpg
    OliveMadison.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 153
  • OpArtBrown2.jpg
    OpArtBrown2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 155
  • BleeckerBlack.jpg
    BleeckerBlack.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 154
  • BonnieLegacyStripe.jpg
    BonnieLegacyStripe.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 151
  • TricolorFlap.jpg
    TricolorFlap.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Well, taking pictures of my new bag with a selection of my wallets was a very good exercise because it has convinced me that I really don't need any more wallets! Here are photos with some of the choices, what do you think of the options?

Marc Jacobs Plum, Woven Cherry Patent, Legacy Stripe Sateen, Olive Madison, Op Art Needlepoint Mahogany, Black Bleecker, Bonnie Legacy Stripe Vachetta, and Tri-color Flap.

1,4,8 are my favs. [emoji3]

Reactions: katev
The olive!!!

1,4,8 are my favs. [emoji3]

4, the olive, is my favorite. Second choice would be the needlepoint, 5.

#4 would be my pick and shopping from your collection i definitely agree is the better route, clearly the other ones you don't like due to texture so best to use what you already have, which is a great collection btw!

Yep the olive or the plum!!

It is interesting that the MJ plum wallet and the olive Coach Madison are 2 of the favorite choices because they are my favorite wallets, and some of the cheapest.

I am carrying the Marc Jacobs (Made in Italy) "So Cool" Plum Clutch right now and I love that wallet. It holds a ton but it maintains a slim and sleek silhouette and it is so nicely made. I found it at the thrift store for $8 and it was brand new, with the cardboard and tissue inserts still inside and plastic cling protectors on the brass hardware. It originally sold for $400. I would have more wallets like this if they weren't so expensive.

I picked up the Olive Coach Double Zip Madison wristlet at the outlet for $50 (originally sold for $278). I had no reason to buy it and it didn't match any of my bags, but I really liked it and the price was great - so I bought it - and it has become a favorite and it goes well with a lot more bags than I ever expected.

I am leaning toward using the olive wallet with the grey birch nomad, thanks for your help!

It is interesting that the MJ plum wallet and the olive Coach Madison are 2 of the favorite choices because they are my favorite wallets, and some of the cheapest.

I am carrying the Marc Jacobs (Made in Italy) "So Cool" Plum Clutch right now and I love that wallet. It holds a ton but it maintains a slim and sleek silhouette and it is so nicely made. I found it at the thrift store for $8 and it was brand new, with the cardboard and tissue inserts still inside and plastic cling protectors on the brass hardware. It originally sold for $400. I would have more wallets like this if they weren't so expensive.

I picked up the Olive Coach Double Zip Madison wristlet at the outlet for $50 (originally sold for $278). I had no reason to buy it and it didn't match any of my bags, but I really liked it and the price was great - so I bought it - and it has become a favorite and it goes well with a lot more bags than I ever expected.

I am leaning toward using the olive wallet with the grey birch nomad, thanks for your help!

WOW, what a find with that MJ! i rarely have had a chance to see any of his things, but have liked them, The olive was a great deal too, it's actually pretty cool when some of our favorites turn out to be bargains too.

Reactions: katev
WOW, what a find with that MJ! i rarely have had a chance to see any of his things, but have liked them, The olive was a great deal too, it's actually pretty cool when some of our favorites turn out to be bargains too.

Thanks!

Here are some pics of the Marc Jacobs thrift store wallet, it was an amazingly lucky find!
https://forum.purseblog.com/posts/21657332/

And here are more photos of the olive Double-zip Coach Madison, another great bargain:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-come-see-my-big-reveal.921712/#post-29190426

Last edited:
Reactions: BeachBagGal