Help me pick a Tiffany diamond!

I'd go for the g vs2 (maybe even the vs1 if u can swing it because the price difference for that extra clarity doesn't seem that bad actually. I was expecting a lot more)

I digress.... The g vs2 is a combo u are comfortable with and it sounds like the si1 clarity might eventually bother you down the line just knowing it's an si1. I tried to go from vs2 to si1 when we were shopping and my head couldn't let me do it either. In fact, I found I wasn't even happy with the vs2 clarity.

Happy shopping and congrats on the pregnancy!!!!

What an exciting news!!! Firt of all congratulations on the pregnancy and another congrats on the upgrade! :smile: Make sure you don't blind the baby with your new bling! :biggrin:

If I were you, I'd go for the 1.92 ct, as it has the same specs you have already. Cannot wait to see the pics!

Thanks for your info. You should go for the 1.92 G VS2. Do keep us posted. I am so excited for you. I have the Tiffany setting in 1.35c and I believe we have the same band 9 stones 0.27 tcw. I would like to upgrade to around 1.7c someday.

Thanks Cavaleir!!

That does make me feel better - I was going to ask, who here would spend $10K more to jump from 1.92 to 2.0 (to get that 2 in there... all things equal other than that). Would you want to be able to say "2 carats"? Would it be worth it to you or is that just silly? (assuming you're not married to an NBA player and filthy rich! This is a lot of money still.) Or would it bug you down the road that you didn't go for it and get it over 2? Thanks!

Few months ago, while i was surveying some tiffany classic rb solitaire...i used the hca calculator to key in the specs given. All of tiffany diamonds come out as girdle seriously too thin. Does it matter for a diamond as big as 2 carat? Maybe it will chip off? Hehe. Just wondering.

Few months ago, while i was surveying some tiffany classic rb solitaire...i used the hca calculator to key in the specs given. All of tiffany diamonds come out as girdle seriously too thin. Does it matter for a diamond as big as 2 carat? Maybe it will chip off? Hehe. Just wondering.

Good point - mine is "medium" thick and I should probably look for something similar - I think that's considered ideal and less chip-worthy! :smile:

We had a similar dilemma when we purchased my ering, whether we should go from a 1.25 to a 1.5 but decided the price difference wasn't something I felt was worth it for the slight visual size difference (esp since I was putting it into a halo). It was about a 35% price difference to go up that quarter carat. $10k for .08 carats is an even higher margin per carat.... forget it!.... no one will know and well cut 1.92 will look bigger than a poorly cut 2 carat so no worries...

We decided to apply the price difference between the size upgrade and purchase other things and redecorate! It was much more worth it to me. I'd take that 10k and apply it to that soleste RHR or get some fabulous earrings or another jewelry item to go with it! Or start building a fabulous nursery for your up and coming bundle of joy.

Thanks Cavaleir!!

That does make me feel better - I was going to ask, who here would spend $10K more to jump from 1.92 to 2.0 (to get that 2 in there... all things equal other than that). Would you want to be able to say "2 carats"? Would it be worth it to you or is that just silly? (assuming you're not married to an NBA player and filthy rich! This is a lot of money still.) Or would it bug you down the road that you didn't go for it and get it over 2? Thanks!

Not worth it at all. There's seriously like a .01mm difference. You would likely not even see it side by side.

NOW--if you are concerned that it will not be enough and youll be dying to upgrade again to get over that mark, consider waiting. But a 1.92 is close enough to 2 even for me to say "2 cts" when asked.

We had a similar dilemma when we purchased my ering, whether we should go from a 1.25 to a 1.5 but decided the price difference wasn't something I felt was worth it for the slight visual size difference (esp since I was putting it into a halo). It was about a 35% price difference to go up that quarter carat. $10k for .08 carats is an even higher margin per carat.... forget it!.... no one will know and well cut 1.92 will look bigger than a poorly cut 2 carat so no worries...

We decided to apply the price difference between the size upgrade and purchase other things and redecorate! It was much more worth it to me. I'd take that 10k and apply it to that soleste RHR or get some fabulous earrings or another jewelry item to go with it! Or start building a fabulous nursery for your up and coming bundle of joy.

Thanks Whoops! (and Cavalier Girl!) - I need to hear that. That is good sense. You're so right - that is 0.04% of the size of the diamond for 10K - not worth it!! No one will see it and the 1.92 looks like a winner so far. THANKS for the kick in the butt!!