Help me find a Magnolia

I own a lot of RM bags that I don't even use, I think RM bags are nice looking, but they are just not that convenient to use. For example, all the MAMs and MABs that I own are the older versions without the extra shoulder straps, which makes them so inconvenient to use. The Nikki and MN are such a hassle for me because I need to fold the opening in order to be able to wear them comfortably on the shoulder, but I find it so annoying that I have to fold it every time.

I now only use my MAMMs because I can wear them crossbody. I gave away my Mini Devote in Teal because the length of the 2 belts made the bag look so weird and ugly. I keep my Mini Beloved in Purple Haze because I love the color, but I hate it because the stitchings on the back of the bag is so rough that it always ruin my clothes. I also use my purple rocker and I have no complaints about it.

I personally think Treesje bags are so much more comfortable to wear but one thing I couldn't stand is that the interior pockets are too shallow that my cell phones and keys keep falling out, I hope they have already addressed this point and are making the pockets deeper to hold stuffs in place.

And as a side note, I'm loving the Botkier bags more than with RM. I don't even go into the RM forums anymore because it seems I have already lost my interest in their bags.

sadly i have lost much love for RM as well with all the stuff going on with SOs and CS...i do love the few RMs i have left but have sold off all but 3 and I have one BBW SO coming in in a few months...i just love the treesje leather and detailing....it is so pretty...

I personally think Treesje bags are so much more comfortable to wear but one thing I couldn't stand is that the interior pockets are too shallow that my cell phones and keys keep falling out, I hope they have already addressed this point and are making the pockets deeper to hold stuffs in place.

And as a side note, I'm loving the Botkier bags more than with RM. I don't even go into the RM forums anymore because it seems I have already lost my interest in their bags.

:yes: This one, I think I can confirm. The sample Mason I have has got deeper slip pockets than all my other Treesjes. It's almost an inch deeper, I think, which ought to fit things like cell phones and iPods much better.

(On the point of interior pockets, though, and since you mention Botkier, I think I'd like it if Treesje could lengthen the zip pocket in larger bags, though! It'd be nice to have a bit more space for those zip pockets in larger/longer bags... Botkiers, I've noticed, have longer interior zip pockets that allow you to fit, say, a short envelope (e.g. A6 size or so) much more easily than Treesje's interior zip pockets.)

I own a lot of RM bags that I don't even use, I think RM bags are nice looking, but they are just not that convenient to use. For example, all the MAMs and MABs that I own are the older versions without the extra shoulder straps, which makes them so inconvenient to use. The Nikki and MN are such a hassle for me because I need to fold the opening in order to be able to wear them comfortably on the shoulder, but I find it so annoying that I have to fold it every time.

I now only use my MAMMs because I can wear them crossbody. I gave away my Mini Devote in Teal because the length of the 2 belts made the bag look so weird and ugly. I keep my Mini Beloved in Purple Haze because I love the color, but I hate it because the stitchings on the back of the bag is so rough that it always ruin my clothes. I also use my purple rocker and I have no complaints about it.

I can relate to so much of what you've said here. I'm not to the point of wanting to rehome all of my RM's yet, but it's been a lot easier for me to let go of them lately. I just wasn't reaching for them like I used to. I love the leathers, but am realizing that I don't need multiples of each of her styles.

I'm also realizing that they are not that functional when compared to Treesje, LP, HH, BE, etc. For example, I adore the look of the nikki, but the lack of exterior pockets and difficult access are starting to wear on me. I can't make MAMs/MABs work for me without a strap, so most of those have gone too. I still love my matties but do I need a million of them?

I'm mostly keeping the RM's with leathers that I love the most, kind of as collector's items, and am branching out into other brands for their functionality/innovative design.

ITA....i have kept my black MAB, DB MAB and my PH devote...the rest are gone and i have one mattie that will be going to a new home...my SO for the BBW is coming soon....the MABs are somewhat of a pain with no strap to me....esp toting around my 3 kids...i love the leather and the size but functionality wise they dont work well at all...the SO is the only one that will have the strap...
treesje is just much more comfortable to wear and the leathers are just yummy....i also enjoy the detailing on treesje better....i was able to snag a fuchsia asher which i can carry on my shoulder and that is also why i am going to get the marseille....
to me the most unreal thing is how many RMs there are now for sale...when i started with RM last year there were so few on bonz and ebay....it seems a lot of ppl are leaving the brand...and with the SO issues and CS issues it is a huge turn off to me....if i wasnt in my SO stuck already the DB MAB i got last week would have been my last RM
my one regret is that I found RM before I knew about treesje....lol

Last edited:
I agree with all you ladies. I'm tapped out on RM right now and while I'm probably not going to sell the ones I already have, I'm not planning to add any more to my collection. I love the look and functionality of Treesje bags and am branching out from the MAB/MAM/Matties. I'm glad to hear that they've started making deeper slip pockets on the inside of the bag though because it drives me crazy to have my cell phone and stuff constantly fall out.

And to keep this on topic, are you open to Oceano pamperz? That seems to be the one Magnolia that pops up most often... which isn't often at all!

Very interesting read ladies...I love both brands...but am trying to diversify my collection as a whole...including by brand...so I don't have 1,000 of the same bag, just different colors...

I do have and love the Bal first...and love my MAMMs...so I am thinking I may have to go for the mini magnolia...I'll be thinking on it! Thanks for the input...and good luck to those looking for the full size on the bonz and bay!

^^ Yea...my thought process lasted all of 5 minutes...I bought it and hopefully if it ships today I may have it by Friday...but if not...next week!

Thanks ladies, its good to see familiar faces in this forum. I guess we all love these brands because they are/were good quality for the price point.

I totally appreciate everyone's comments b/c they are exactly how I feel!!! I feel like I am rather picky on bags, and for some reason most of RM's styles appeal to me, b/c they are simple. I love RMs old bags, but I will not buy anything new after this last purchase of mine. For some reason I am suckered into the new python nikki, but it has absolutely awful lining!!!

So I've been going through my bags and filtering ones by thinking, " Treesje Magnolia or ____". I've always liked the magnolia and thought it was cute, but I guess I didn't get obsessed with it until I had it in my hand and saw the fine quality of the purse itself... and now its gone... awesome. Treesje's leathers are also the best, the only RM I have that is even close to my marley's softness is my ocean.

I think I just like rare bags... hopefully AA's will be awesome and in gunmetal. Gold on black is a little too much for me. I think light pink would be a really cute colour to match the ruffles.

I took some pictures of my black magnolia, this is the older version magnolia, not the new released one.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 253
ladies i completely agree.

i'm totally losing my love for RM and have been oggling my grey shine magnolia all the time.

currently beside me is my black mini kingsley (also by Treesje).

i had to retire my magnolia because (and i'm totally getting misty eyed) i found a PEN MARK on it today! like an inch in length! i'm so so so sad about it that i had to change into a new bag because it broke my heart.