Help me find a cross-body bag...

SarahMN

Feb 8, 2008
I am 5'9'' and not petite. I am looking for a classic cross body bag. Leather preferred. Also prefer silver to gold hardware. I don't want to deal with a metal chain. I am looking for a bag that is comfortable and sits nicely against the body. Any ideas appreciated.

Sarah, if you will use the search feature and search by post for 'crossbody bag' you'll find lots of threads with lots of suggestions for crossbody bags.

I am 5'9'' and not petite. I am looking for a classic cross body bag. Leather preferred. Also prefer silver to gold hardware. I don't want to deal with a metal chain. I am looking for a bag that is comfortable and sits nicely against the body. Any ideas appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you.;) I'm 5"6 and still hunting for the nice cross body bag. Even though I had one in silver Marc Jacob but I still keep an eye on the Chanel WOC. Do you think It will be too small for my height??

Me too! I am a mum to two young children and need to carry a change of clothing for my youngest, but not much else (just wallet, phone, keys, small amount of makeup - the usual!). I guess it would need to be a medium sized bag - prefer soft smooshy leather and a little slouchy. I am searching.. searching...

My I suggest Rebecca minkoff Mainsqueeze fold over crossbody bag. Hands down best crossbody bag I own. Its very versatile, has an adjustable strap n comes in great colors.

I'm in the same situation. I'm 6 ft, not petite and love cross body bags for travel and shopping. I saw a Rebecca Minkoff at Nordstrom's before Christmas that was perfect. (Sorry I didn't get the style name.) Dooney & Bourke has quite a few with longer straps on their website.

I have a few Olivia Harris that are pretty comfortable and pretty(don't have the style name - got it off Gilt during a sale). I also second Mulberry - just got the Alexa and am loving it.

Am I the only one that doesn't care for the cross body style? I know it's chic but I just can't get in to it. What am I missing?

I love cross-body bags not so much for their style, but for their practicality. I enjoy the security that a cross-body bag brings (it's harder for someone to snatch than, say, a hand carried bag) and that I can be hands-free. They're great for shopping, festivals etc.

Mulberry have a range of good leather cross-body bags that seem to fit your description, SarahMN. If they're not your style I'd suggest Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs.

I always use cross-body bags, except when I go out at night, so when I'm searching for a great bag I go to online shops... For instance, if I go to the Saks website and click bags, I can then click 'crossbody bags' on the side menu. If you do something like this you can easily see that Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Chloe and Fendi, among others, have some really chic cross-body bags.