Help me decide.........I need a neutral bag

cracker

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
I'm trying to decide between these two bags..........a Caramel '05 City or a Chloe Cross-body. The weight thing on the Chloe isn't a problem for me so please base your opinion on looks alone. I know we all prefer Bal here but be open minded. ;)

Here's a pic of each:

this is a pic of powder's gorgeous new '05 caramel city (which btw, is not for sale :smile:)

IMG_8473.jpg

and the chloe cross-body

front_reference.jpg

back_reference.jpg

Let me know what you all think. Thanks!:smile:

They just seem like two totally different types of bags...do you want the ability to wear it messenger? If so I would recommend the Chloe. I prefer the LOOK of the Bbag, but I'm biased...

I'm looking for something casual and neutral (jeans and t-shirts). I'm not searching for a cross-body in particular but if I got the Chloe, that's how I'd wear it. I also would love the Sandstone GH PT but I don't think it's as casual as these two bags .........but I definitely could be talked into it.;)

I'm looking for something casual and neutral (jeans and t-shirts). I'm not searching for a cross-body in particular but if I got the Chloe, that's how I'd wear it. I also would love the Sandstone GH PT but I don't think it's as casual as these two bags .........but I definitely could be talked into it.;)

I was just going to suggest the Sandstone PT, but you beat me to it. I think the City looks better, but if you wanted a bag to wear cross-body, I thought of the PT. The picture of you wearing your FB GH PT made me want a PT. In my opinion, the Chloe doesn't look as nice. The Sandstone RH PT would be a little more casual...

Girlie you need Sandstone w/RH or just wait to see the Fall colors.:yes: If you can find 05 Caramel Chloe Paddington go for it.:drool: No more GH ok.:P

I actually own the Sandstone RH PT and I LOVE it. I think it is the perfect neutral bag. The color is very sophisticated so it can be dressy if you need it to. It is a very chic neutral.

I received the Chloe Paddington (Overnight size) as a present last year and I haven't used it since December...the Paddington's are sooo heavy...but I don't get as paranoid about the leather compared to my Balenciagas.

If you don't mind the extra weight, I like both. (Which I just re-read and you said you don't mind the extra weight)...okay, no hate mails please...but get the Paddington, it'll be a nice addition to your collection. Mine gets thrown around and doesn't get scratched and no signs of wear.

I was going to comment on the weight too. I also think that the Paddington-style bags look better as handbags or shoulder bags, I'm not a fan of the cross-body style in that look. '05 Caramel is sooo pretty...

The chloe has a real natural beauty to the leather on that bag...like it will look even better with scratches and light marks from use. Is it also made of goat leather? The first silverado I had was that perfect light brown shade with so much character to the grain and it was also chevre.

What do you think about the cross-body Balenciaga styles, like the flat messenger...in say F/W '07 Mastic or the courier in '06 Cognac?

I like the Caramel City, too...so either way it will be lovely.