Help me decide... fulfill my Pelham CRAVING or my Guccisima DESIRE?

does anyone know if the guccissima leather on the pelham is different from the guccissima leather on the guccissima joy shoulder bag? The price variation is quite stark, and I always thought that the large guccissima joy shoulder bag was a good investment for guccissima leather, but if the there is a difference and the new guccssima is likely to get more floppy then I'm not sure about getting it!!
Miss Lianne, I own the black canvas gucci pelham and my sister in law owns it in the beige/ebony and we've had ours for over three years and have had no fraying problems per se, and it is by far a timeless classic. I would definitely vote for the pelham. If you did decide to sell on from now, it holds it's value well

Last edited:
I vote for the Pelham. I've had mine for a couple of years and it is well used!:smile: There is minimal fraying on the handles that you can barely see. I've trimmed off a couple frays but I think I'm the only one who noticed it.
I was thinking of purchasing the web hobo when it came out last fall. For a while it was not in stock in my local Gucci store (Orlando), and then when it came in my SA advised that they had some issues with the clasps on that particular style and discouraged that purchase. The web hobo is cute, but the Pelham is a timeless classic.

Have fun deciding! The shopping is half the fun.:biggrin:

why not buy both? :angel:

The cost of having both of them is the same as buying just the one, and you will feel like you got everything you wanted, and two bags at the same time!!

I have the pelham in beige canvas w/white leather. wanted it for 4-5 years ago...and still loved it last year, so i treated myself to it...no problems at all, and the leather handles are just starting to become softer and not squeaky anymore =)

part of me wishes i got the white guccissma, but there was no way i was patching on another $800usd on top of the price of the canvas one... everytime i think of it, i just remind myself that price difference can buy me the web hobo! =D