Help me decide color for Jodie: Travertine or Denim?

obcessd

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Hi,
I could use some help on my first Jodie. I can’t decide between the color travertine or the denim for the teen Jodie. I know these are very different. I tried the denim l and I love the color but I am worried about it getting dirty easily because the leather has almost a suede feel? Also it is a lot more expensive. $$$

I ordered the travertine color but it doesn’t come until next week. I have heard that the leather is very durable and I do not like to baby bags, I don’t beat them up but to me bags are meant to be used!

I am pretty causal in my style, I live in Northern California and I prefer neutrals or pastel colors so that’s why I’m stuck between these two colors. I’m also a mom in my mid 40s but my kids aren’t in diapers anymore so I don’t have to carry as much stuff which is nice and why I am looking at the teen size. Would love to hear which color people prefer of the two? Which color seems all year round? Does denim feel too trendy and maybe I’d tire of it? TIA! ♥

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0497.jpeg

Travertine seems like a chameleon color from what I’ve read from others. I am hoping it’s a color that I can also wear in the winter here since they are mild.

But the denim is so FUN! Very hard decision but I think I may lean towards travertine because it’s beautiful, classic and practical.

I would think of denim as a textural light blue. I write that because if you wear a lot of patterns/textures, the Denim may result in ‘a lot going on’ if you know what I mean. Travertine will read more muted with patterns. Given your style (casual) and colors (pastels) either would go. So then it falls to the idea of texture.

And hello from Sacramento/Bodega Bay!

Hi,
I could use some help on my first Jodie. I can’t decide between the color travertine or the denim for the teen Jodie. I know these are very different. I tried the denim l and I love the color but I am worried about it getting dirty easily because the leather has almost a suede feel? Also it is a lot more expensive. $$$

I ordered the travertine color but it doesn’t come until next week. I have heard that the leather is very durable and I do not like to baby bags, I don’t beat them up but to me bags are meant to be used!

I am pretty causal in my style, I live in Northern California and I prefer neutrals or pastel colors so that’s why I’m stuck between these two colors. I’m also a mom in my mid 40s but my kids aren’t in diapers anymore so I don’t have to carry as much stuff which is nice and why I am looking at the teen size. Would love to hear which color people prefer of the two? Which color seems all year round? Does denim feel too trendy and maybe I’d tire of it? TIA! ♥

View attachment 5852793

View attachment 5852794
I love the travertine. Timeless!

Going to go against the grain here and vote for the denim. I think it's more fun and unique and i believe would match with alot (though really depends on your wardrobe). It might be considered a bit more "trendy" but I think light green (I believe that's what travertine color is) and green in general have been trendy this past year as well. Travertine since not overtly green the way a kelly green, mint, or deepee olive color are, could be seen as a neutral but I believe the denim can be too. Just my opinion (for what it's worth, also a mom in my 40s).

Tried to edit my post to add: Both are beautiful and don't think you could go wrong with a Jodie in ANY color. Guess it really depends on your vibe and what you are looking for..... like other posters have stated, the Travertine more "classic" and in my opinion the denim more "hip."

• Love
Reactions: jbags07 and obcessd
I totally get you! My first Jodie as well.. love the travertine color but i ended up with denim since it’s hard to come by denim-like leather. Also it gives a more casual vibe. For more ease of use, travertine will fare better i feel. The denim does feel more delicate and may not wear as well as travertine over time. I hope to own a travertine item one day. Enjoy your Jodie!

• Love
Reactions: obcessd