Help me decide...a final B or K to make it count!

snowbuns

Crossfit Bunny
Jun 5, 2016
Hello everyone

I am leaving Europe at the end of this month, permanently (for a good 6+ years, in any case) relocating to Seoul. I have had a personal policy of second-hand or vintage luxury bags only for a while, so being in the Europe free trade area is a considerable advantage as I do not have to deal with customs...now I'm leaving it won't be as easy, and getting an H or B from the Seoul store is an unrealistic mission from what I know anyway.

I feel I need (ok, want...:angel:) another K or B in a neutral colour - my faves in that department are the greys, and preferably not too dark. I have two black Ks, both box leather plus a red B, and I feel my collection is lacking a light, summer-worthy neutral. My favourite colours are argile and gris tourterelle. Etoupe is on my radar too but its a second-best option for me as its a little darkish and quite a common colour.

So my perfect bag turned up on vestiaire collective, argile kelly 35 in clemence, and the price was perfect...but I'm leaving in a little over two weeks and vc are very finicky about payment...to cut it short they still haven't contacted me with options and it just isnt realistic to order it now - they do quality control so it usually takes about 2 weeks for the item to arrive. Too close. So I came to terms with that it wouldn't be mine :sad::crybaby:

I found a couple of other options and I need some help deciding, because I can never decide :doh: I don't know if its better to get a neutral birkin to keep my red one company, or get a neutral light kelly to dilute all the black! From an aesthetic perspective I am certainly a kelly girl. I only began considering Bs after I got one for a gift!

1. Argile 35 cm kelly (my favourite option, but rather overpriced from that reseller. But I have bought from them before & they are very trustworthy)
2. 35 Gris tourterelle birkin (interestingly, cheaper than the kelly, but no dustbag and some signs of wear)
3. 35 Gold fjord birkin (I don't really like brown bags...but fjord is one of my fave leathers which makes this tempting...)
4. Etoupe 35 cm kelly (the cheapest option, but the bag has lost structure - nearly collapsing on itself, doesn't excite me much :sad:)

Which would you go for?
I'd really appreciate any advice...I'm so indecisive :-s
Thanks so much! :heart:

I will jump on argile kelly in a heartbeat! I LOVE argile (guess I cant make it any more obvious), as it might be your final k/b for a while, getting something you truly love trumps everything in my view. And an argile can really fill the gap between your black Ks and red B. Gris T B and Gold B sound interesting too, but they are easier to find than argile, and size 35 is better with strap I feel since it can get really heavy. I personally wont consider Etoupe at all since it already lost shape and it's just gonna get worse.

* Only if you dont mind, Im searching for Argile K28 all over the net too, could u pm me if your reseller happens to have one? :P thanks tons

Reactions: snowbuns
If your heart is set on size 35 then I say a Kelly because of the convenience of the strap, plus you admitted in your post you are more inclined towards Kellys. Therefore you are left with etoupe and argile. You said argile is your favorite and etoupe is second best for you; therefore the logical conclusion, in my estimation is to get the argile Kelly.

It may cost a little more but with the others you would be settling, and with the argile Kelly you would not.

GLD and good luck on your upcoming move!

Reactions: papertiger
From my experience in seoul H, its not a mission impossible. Especially when you are looking for relatively large sized B or K.
And K35 is definitely not a popular size in korea, so if you are willing to build relationship with SA in korea, interested in other products Hermes produce, other than B or K.
It won't be hard to buy one directly from the store.
Good luck with re-location & hunting for new b or K!!

From my experience in seoul H, its not a mission impossible. Especially when you are looking for relatively large sized B or K.
And K35 is definitely not a popular size in korea, so if you are willing to build relationship with SA in korea, interested in other products Hermes produce, other than B or K.
It won't be hard to buy one directly from the store.
Good luck with re-location & hunting for new b or K!!
Totally agree! I was offered a k35 exotic as a walk in. ..but as others have said it was prob because k35s are not the most in demand in asia.

Sent from my LG-H820 using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: Orangefanatic
With your collection as it is I too think you should stick with a Kelly. Surely you don't have to rush to buy something in two weeks? I don't know how bad customs is in South Korea in terms of having things shipped but there are resellers all over the world, many of whom will bring a bag to you....you can also have a friend bring it.

Gris T K35 sounds perfect to me as it's just such a wonderful neutral. But if you love love love Argile and you don't think you are settling, I'd say Argile K in a heartbeat. As much as I love Gold, you don't really want another B, and you don't want a mushy etoupe K - plus IMO neither of these bags would, for instance, go to a summer party with a dress.

hmmm honestly since gris moutte is acolor that will impact rather heavily in the begining of 2017 you could try your luck at boutiques or look at this color closely

If your heart is set on size 35 then I say a Kelly because of the convenience of the strap, plus you admitted in your post you are more inclined towards Kellys. Therefore you are left with etoupe and argile. You said argile is your favorite and etoupe is second best for you; therefore the logical conclusion, in my estimation is to get the argile Kelly.

It may cost a little more but with the others you would be settling, and with the argile Kelly you would not.

GLD and good luck on your upcoming move!

+1

I would say if Gold is not your colour not 3 whichever the leather and you already sound like you are not keen on 4 so basically you are choosing between 1 or 2.

Such a shame about the bag on VC, I feel for you as that kind of thing tends to happen to me too. Just give enquiries one last chance perhaps :shrugs:

Reactions: Oryx816