Help me choose: YSL Mini Lou Camera vs Loewe Mini Puzzle

lalame

O.G.
Apr 30, 2011
I'm in need of a good mini and am considering these two very different bags in the below colors. There's about a $500 price difference between them (after applying some promos).

1647929893920.png1647929933105.png
I already have a black mini Lady Dior which I use for dressy occasions so I'm mainly looking for a casual bag that is easy to use, good to travel with, and bonus for style/seasonal versatility. I only plan to carry the following things in it and believe either should fit them (haven't tried puzzle yet): Phone, card holder wallet, sunglasses, chapstick.

One thing I keep going back and forth on is the YSL is kind of basic but this also makes it versatile and classic - I could see myself wearing this for a decade without feeling dated. The Puzzle I don't know if it will take me as far but it's also nice to have something more interesting/unique to up-level my rather boring wardrobe. Thoughts?? TIA!

Reactions: JLT1
Seconded what Addy said. I feel that for travel, hands down the Loewe puzzle will be far more superior as it is a very carefree bag (have one myself in small size that I travel with often, so can attest to that) and I feel with the white leather you would probably worry about staining it! That being said, if you're someone who likes to wear casual outfits paired with dressy bag to make your whole look looks put together with minimal effort (think people with Chanel classic flaps who like to wear it with just casual tshirt-jeans look), then I'd say go with the dressier bag.

Reactions: lalame
That being said, if you're someone who likes to wear casual outfits paired with dressy bag to make your whole look looks put together with minimal effort (think people with Chanel classic flaps who like to wear it with just casual tshirt-jeans look), then I'd say go with the dressier bag.

That is me! But, erm, sometimes it's more like casual upon casual. :lol: I do try to have my accessories/shoes "make up" for a jeans and t shirt, sometimes sweatshirt, vibe.

Reactions: pheebspurse
Of the two, I have the mini puzzle and love it. I find the design more interesting and prefer having a top handle.

The tan Loewe colour to me is more versatile and suitable in all seasons but that depends on your personal wardrobe and style of course.

However, I would suggest that you try the Loewe first if you can. The opening is smaller than the width of the bag which means that a big firm sunglasses case needs more manouvering compared to a camera bag.

Finally, maybe also check if the shoulder strap length of the bags suits you. The one on my mini puzzle is not adjustable but can be removed.

Either way, both are beautiful and practical bags :smile:

One thing to consider is the YSL comes in a grained leather which is practically indestructible. If you want something that you can throw around without getting any marks or damage, then the YSL is probably a bit better then the Loewe. While Loewe's leather is durable-ish, it's still a softer leather and won't withstand being thrown around, literally.

One thing to consider is the YSL comes in a grained leather which is practically indestructible. If you want something that you can throw around without getting any marks or damage, then the YSL is probably a bit better then the Loewe. While Loewe's leather is durable-ish, it's still a softer leather and won't withstand being thrown around, literally.

Thank you for pointing this out... I was just wondering exactly this and just posted about it in the Puzzle thread. :smile:

I have the Mini and sunglasses only fit without case. The opening is really small, so taking things out is not the easiest. I love the Puzzle design much more than the YSL though, so I would still get the Mini... but if you have the chance take a look in store at the capacity and how the bags sits on you. The strap might be a tad long.

I have the Mini and sunglasses only fit without case. The opening is really small, so taking things out is not the easiest. I love the Puzzle design much more than the YSL though, so I would still get the Mini... but if you have the chance take a look in store at the capacity and how the bags sits on you. The strap might be a tad long.

I just got the mini puzzle yesterday to try and capacity-wise it's fine, pretty comparable to the YSL though a bit harder to get into/out of because of the smaller opening. I do like the design a bit more than the YSL though starting to feel like the YSL might be an easier bag to use, considering the wear and opening. Maybe I'll just do the YSL now and get a small Puzzle down the line.

YSL is much dressier to me, although you can dress it down. Harder to dress the mini puzzle up but I think it can do more if you replace the strap with a gold or silver chain, especially for summer evening events or dinners. I used to want the YSL but am getting the mini puzzle because: it feels more special than the YSL, I hate the tassel on the YSL, the YSL strap is not removable and it's strictly crossbody/shoulder