Help me choose which shawl please

Sterre

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
Hi! I have to choose which one:
Ceintures et Liens in turquoise or
Concours D'Etriers in jaune/yellow

Before everyone says both, I've just bought the grand tenue in pink/red/turquoise/purple and three is too much. I have to save some money for when my RC cdc ghw comes in and I've also ordered some of the new belt kits and unfortunately I cannot have them all. The shawls are both from the store, my lovely SA found them 😃

So which one? I wear a lot of black for work and I'm in black, navy or neutrals most of the time and play with colours with my accessories and bags.

I prefer Ceintures et Liens in turquoise, that is exactly what I bought.
The Turquoise colorway is perfect and refreshing for most skin tone whereas Yellow can be tricky for some.

I have Ceintures Et Liens in turquoise & love it but I also love the other one even though I've been unable to find it, look at what colours you have & see which one will fill that colour missing :smile:

I think the yellow concours looks better with white as a background clothing color rather than black or other neutrals. I owned that shawl and ended up selling it because I mostly wear darker colors when it is cold enough to wear shawls.

Since you already have a turquoise Tenue, I would go for the yellow Concours. In a few months if you want to pick up the turquoise CetL, it will most likely be easier to acquire than the coveted yellow Concours. Both are beautiful, but that is what I would suggest.

Do you have the opportunity to visit the boutique and try both?
Personally, I prefer the Ceintures to the Concours, the Ceintures offers a few more tying options due to the design. As far as color, I think the Ceintures in Turquoise wins out as well for a person who wears a lot of black and Navy. The Yellow Concours is lovely as well, but I find it limiting.

I am usually a neutral person, but I picked up the ceintures in Turquoise last season and find it works really well with my wardrobe of mostly black, grey and camel. Mai Tai has some lovely photos of the turquoise Ceintures on her blog.
The Yellow Concours is more "in demand", but ultimately, you should purchase what works for you.

Hi! I have to choose which one:
Ceintures et Liens in turquoise or
Concours D'Etriers in jaune/yellow

Before everyone says both, I've just bought the grand tenue in pink/red/turquoise/purple and three is too much. I have to save some money for when my RC cdc ghw comes in and I've also ordered some of the new belt kits and unfortunately I cannot have them all. The shawls are both from the store, my lovely SA found them ��

So which one? I wear a lot of black for work and I'm in black, navy or neutrals most of the time and play with colours with my accessories and bags.
If you can find the concours in the yellow CW grab it and run it is a GRAIL and REALLY Hard to Find anymore. I have it and I TREASURE it!
Here is Gia in hers

Attachments

• Giovanna%20Battaglia%20(3).jpg
    Giovanna%20Battaglia%20(3).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 324
  • paris-fw-s2013-in-sep12-249ab.jpg
    paris-fw-s2013-in-sep12-249ab.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 313
Thanks everyone! I'm lucky that ill be able to try them in store! The concours was easier to find than the ceintures lol! Could choose multiple colour ways of the concours actually!

Still undecided! Aaaahh

Thanks everyone! I'm lucky that ill be able to try them in store! The concours was easier to find than the ceintures lol! Could choose multiple colour ways of the concours actually!

Still undecided! Aaaahh
Glad to hear that you can try them on before you decide, a good SA will also offer an honest opinion about which GM looks best with your coloring and wardrobe. I would not get too caught up in factors like which one is more in-demand at the moment. If you are purchasing to wear, then choose the one that works best for you. Good luck and please let us know which one you choose, they are both beautiful!

I have the Cenitures in turquoise and love it. I wear a ton of black and like to have a pop of color in my GMs. I would choose the Cenitures in turquoise without doubt, but yellow does not look good with my skin tone, so I would never pick anything yellow for me. Glad you can try them both on - you will be able to tell which you are drawn to. My SA is excellent with color and I always like to have her opinion on which colors work better for me. Good luck, looking forward to hearing which you select.

If you can find the concours in the yellow CW grab it and run it is a GRAIL and REALLY Hard to Find anymore. I have it and I TREASURE it!
Here is Gia in hers

Gah!! For what it's worth, I have olive skin and thought I couldn't wear yellow but this shawl works great on me! This shawl gets the most attention and compliments out of my many many many shawls- it is very special!

For me there are more shawls similar to the CetL from H. It is more user friendly, but also the wide border is a small pet peeve. Anyway, I think the yellow Concours is unparalleled and goes great with blacks, blues, greys, in addition to whites....And I cannot believe you can still find it in stores in EU!! If you don't get it, please let me know and I will get it as back up!!