Help me choose which Appia bag!!

Jun 4, 2006
I went to NM today and finally saw the color Appia in person! The color looks much better in person than on a computer screen!

BUT I dunno what style I wanna get!

The large veneta seems to be the safest choice (and best value), as I used to have one and it works fine with me. And plus it is the classic signature style!

Another choice is the belly veneta, but I wonder if that would look too overwhelming on me as I'm only 5'1", I mean the belly bottom may look very wide and rounded when full??

The third choice would be the tote bag, it has a very simple shape of course, I usually prefer tote bag over hobo style, but is this too "boring" compared to the veneta?

I will be no hope as I love all 3 of those bags you mentioned. But I will say belly because I have always wanted one...the shape is beautiful. What size would you be looking to get in the belly?

yoyotomatoe said:
I will be no hope as I love all 3 of those bags you mentioned. But I will say belly because I have always wanted one...the shape is beautiful. What size would you be looking to get in the belly?

I guess large? The belly comes in two sizes? I need something similar to size of large veneta.

I think it will look fine on you. From what I have read the large belly is a little bigger then the veneta just because of its shape...but I'm sure when it is broken in it won't look as large.

Which bag are you leaning more towards?

yoyotomatoe said:
I think it will look fine on you. From what I have read the large belly is a little bigger then the veneta just because of its shape...but I'm sure when it is broken in it won't look as large.

Which bag are you leaning more towards?

I think I still prefer the large veneta. But maybe I should try the other two in person.

I love venetas, I have the med and large. The large is perfect. U should try the other ones out because at the end of the day u r using it so u have to love it. Like I said, u can't go wrong with any of those choices.

I went to NM today and finally saw the color Appia in person! The color looks much better in person than on a computer screen!

BUT I dunno what style I wanna get!

The large veneta seems to be the safest choice (and best value), as I used to have one and it works fine with me. And plus it is the classic signature style!

Another choice is the belly veneta, but I wonder if that would look too overwhelming on me as I'm only 5'1", I mean the belly bottom may look very wide and rounded when full??

The third choice would be the tote bag, it has a very simple shape of course, I usually prefer tote bag over hobo style, but is this too "boring" compared to the veneta?
hi- how have you been? how is your beautiful daughter?

appia is a beautiful color- if you had a veneta and it worked well then maybe get another?

^ Hi, so far so good, except that my daughter and I took turn and got sick in the past two wks! It's flu season....

Yea, most likely I'll get large veneta, just curious about the belly veneta. Wanna see some mod pics.

Take a look in the Celeb thread, at this bag ... This looks very nice ...

2020874d1358107289-celebs-bottega-veneta-bags-pics-only-no-chatting-45190292oh_12_f.jpg

Hi, and welcome back!

Definitely try all of the styles on before deciding. The Belly comes in two sizes, and the profile changes due to the rounded bottom--as does the capacity.

The large Veneta is such a comfortable and easy to carry bag for me, and I happen to like the streamlined shape. But you might well prefer one of the others. So try them and report back :smile:

Thanks!! I just placed an order with BG (so I can save a couple hundreds on tax!). I ordered the large veneta! I like the style as I had one before! Can't wait to get it as I just love that color! Neutral enough but not your regular brown or red or pink! I imagine the color will go so well with navy blue and grey (which I wear a lot!). Will report back when I get it!