Help me choose my next handbag

Crocodile

Jan 6, 2011
Hi.

I have multiple black handbags including one ps1 medium in black. Also have some lv monogram.

I'm now thinking of adding something more colorful to my collection. Both the small Hava top handle in midnight plum and ps1 medium in smoke are on my list.

The midnight plum would give me something completely new both in terms of color and style. Small bags are in at the moment and this fits that bill. The color is also a year round color in my wardrobe. For me, this is as red as I want to go. Only downside is that I feel that I would have to dress up a bit when I want to carry the bag. It maybe not a 'throw it on and go' kind of bag?

The smoke ps1 is my reasonable choice. My black one is for me the best bag ever in terms of functionality and comfort. It would go with everything and also work for me year around. But it doesn't give me the same buzz as the red one... But maybe I will love it after all?

Any thoughts?

Tough one. :thinking:

I love the look of the Hava Top Handle bag. However, I have a few concerns: (1) The leather. I believe that it is the same type as the Proenza Top Handle Buckle bag that I very briefly owned. The leather was very stiff and is the type to show every mark/scratch. (2) Noisy hardware. Large metal rings rubbing against the metal on the handles and the metal on the strap clasps. Squeaky bags drive me nuts. haha

Like you, I love my PS1s and own several...black and smoke included. I will say that I carry smoke the least. I have a fear of color transfer...and honestly just prefer darker bags...so this one gets left on the shelf.

Since you like the style of the PS1 have you considered finding one in burgundy (gold hw) or oxblood (silver hw)? I owned burgundy at one time and it is a beautiful color.

I have attached pics of the bags that you mentioned.

Proenza-Schouler-Small-Hava-Top-Handle-Bag-Plum.jpg PS1 Med Smoke.jpg

Reactions: Crocodile
I don't have a Hava, but I do have the PS1 in Smoke. I adore the color. It's a true chameleon, and goes with almost everything. In fact, I love the color so much that I also have the Pouch in Smoke. I live in jeans, and there is some faint color transfer on the back, nothing really noticeable. But color is so personal, if it's not exciting you, maybe look for something else?

Thank you both for answering. And thank you for adding photos ;)

I also hate noisy bags. Especially the ones that make 'jingle bells' like noise. I have tried the Hava on and it did not make that kind of noise, but still. Any experience with the nubuck? If I go with the midnight plum, it would be in nubuck.

I like the smoke ps1 in photos but have never seen this in real life. Buying unseen is a possibility, but I would feel better if I could see the color first. For you who have the smoke, how similar is your bag to the picture? On my screen it is a warm taupe.

Most of the time I wear black clothes, and both bags would look nice. The smoke one would go nicely with my hair color as well.

The ps1 is the reasonable choice that I would get so much wear out of...