Help me choose, and need advice

meghanwhlr

Jan 10, 2018
:wave: hi! New to this forum but not the site. Have handbag happiness achieved and working on curating my jewelry collection. I need advice. I am 42, fair skin, dark hair, minimalist with makeup and clothes. mostly casual - nice jeans and a nice shirt.
I am trying to decide if at my age I should go for the large love necklace that is one solid gold circle or a VCA Alhambra. Issue is that I have a small frame but hips and with getting older I want to make sure the everyday necklace I choose will be appropriate on me for life. I am thinking all gold or onyx VCA but worry it will get lost on me. I need to get some thoughts on the age vs jewelry style issue. Also thoughts on curating? I have a few vintage pieces from my relatives and a few silver Tiffany pieces I’m “over”, but is it bad karma to sell them?

I think jewelry is timeless and can be rocked at any age. I’m in my paaaaapa late twenties and recently got a sweet alhambra necklace, mainly because i love dainty jewelry. My friend who is the same age has the black onyx vintage necklace and it looks good on her too!
For necklaces I prefer VCA over Cartier, so the black onyx gets my vote :coolio:

I would not be too concerned about what looks "appropriate" on you, especially if it's based on age.
As long as you love it and it works with your aesthetic and lifestyle, then go get it! :biggrin:

Cartier and VCA are jewelry houses. Fine jewelry is what they are known for and both of those collections have long stood the test of time. Therefore, I would not consider them trendy or short term pieces.

Personally, fine jewelry as gifts from family is something I tend to keep (costume jewelry is meh to me) and so I will not sell them.

For the silver Tiffany pieces, if those were something you bought yourself, I think it's okay to sell them. It's a bit sad to let things sit there, especially if you know you're not going to wear them. It's a waste of space, to me, and I would rather have someone else put them to good use!

For choosing between Cartier and VCA, haha, that's a hard one. They are both beautiful! :loveeyes:
I'd say look at your current jewelry collection and see what designs/style you tend to reach for more. Do you like more feminine, dainty jewelry? Or do you like more clean and minimalistic jewelry? Hope that helps! Good luck! :tup:

go for VCA . You need to try them on your skin. I love spending time trying and seeing Jewelary even if im not going to buy. The. Mn decided you want it daily use ? Go for onyx vintage.

Hi, i am new to this forum and according to my opinion, you should not consider your age to wear any type of jewelry. Jewelry is the love of women. You can wear whatever you like. But as Minimalist Jewelry is most trendy nowadays, you can go for it.

:wave: hi! New to this forum but not the site. Have handbag happiness achieved and working on curating my jewelry collection. I need advice. I am 42, fair skin, dark hair, minimalist with makeup and clothes. mostly casual - nice jeans and a nice shirt.
I am trying to decide if at my age I should go for the large love necklace that is one solid gold circle or a VCA Alhambra. Issue is that I have a small frame but hips and with getting older I want to make sure the everyday necklace I choose will be appropriate on me for life. I am thinking all gold or onyx VCA but worry it will get lost on me. I need to get some thoughts on the age vs jewelry style issue. Also thoughts on curating? I have a few vintage pieces from my relatives and a few silver Tiffany pieces I’m “over”, but is it bad karma to sell them?
I just sold most of my Tiffany silver jewelry! However, I would not sell any item from a relative because I’m sentimental. What I like about VCA over the Cartier Love is you won’t see scratches. The Love is prone to scratches (the necklace will, but not like the bracelet) - that bothers me, but maybe someone else it won’t. My recommendation is to go for the gold Alhambra, either the hammered gold or guilloche. Also worth mentioning is that VCA’s chain is divine. Best to try them on.