Help me choose a Kelly pls!!!

the thing is, i get like this with everything.. you should have seen me trying to pick out that gucci indy bag when it had just come out! im so insecure with my bag buying decisions.. always need approval! but everyone in this forum has been so sweet and so helpful :smile::smile:

Bearing in mind tha box calf is the leather that can be restored best by Hermes, I would say take the box calf. As it also gets a beautiful patina.

But it's difficult to decide without having seen the bags.

The thing is: obviously neither of these bags 'sang' to you. You didn't fall in love. Given the fact that you're still very new to Hermes - why don't you wait a bit and wait for the one that truly makes your heart sing? That will be the one. These are very expensive bags and buying one is not something that one should rush into, just to own one. You want to carry this bag for the next 20 years or so, possibly even longer. So take your time.

This gal is WISE.I always love Hello's insights :tup:

If you have the money, wait. Your bag will come along, one that will sing like the heavens and if you've spent your money on the first Kelly you could purchase you will be saddened.

I say, WAIT too. Whenever I've gotten a bag, it was the only one in the store that sang to me. Honestly, it's like hearing a choir at full blast that no one else seems to hear. You simply must decide whether you wear more black or brown, and what size, and often this comes through trying them on, sometimes many times, and with many things.

In the end, a 35cm Kelly is wonderful. Close your eyes... which one do you see first? Longest? If one does NOT distinguish itself then wait. There will always be more Kellys. Hermes has been around for generations, a couple months won't hurt you.

Especially if it means finding the bag of your dreams! :yahoo:

I agree with the other posters to keep looking and researching. You're fortunate to have some great choices available to you now, but unless you really know it's the right one, there are still a lot of kellys out there to consider. You may see a 32 in the future and find it to be the perfect size. Or a sellier and really like that style, or a different leather or color. It's too big of an investment for an impulse purchase. At least from my perspective. But if this is your typical shopping "pattern", as you've described, and you are set on purchasing one of these two bags, it seems like the havanne would be a better choice for you, since you had expressed hesitation over gray in another thread. (maybe IRL you now love it?) If it's havanne in box you *really* prefer, then wait, it'll eventually come!

I doubt it, the SA said I was really lucky there were even 3 availible. The 3rd one was 28cm, Tundra, box calf... but I just found the size too small for me.

I find that there is a big difference between 32 and 35. I can do 32 or 28 or even 25 and prefer 28 for everyday, but I had no idea of this when I bought my first Kelly which was a 32 sellier. Years later I realize I prefer retourne. It's very hard to know what you would really like when you haven't seen or held it in real life. Since there are Kellys around, unless you absolutely are in love with one of the Kellys here I would say, as hard as this may seem, it's better to wait. I still think that a Kelly 32 is more versatile than the 35, and lighter too.

Okay I went for the Havanne! It was just more me, and I actually preferred the evergrain leather.. I love it! Its gorgeous and Ive been trying to post pics for ages and it keeps giving me this msg:

Your file of 1.12 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 195.3 KB for this filetype

Im not very computer literate so I dont know how to fix it!! Ive tried everything til now.. if any of you know the answer pls let me know :smile: