Help me choose a Holiday party dress

I think the red one looks fantastic on you. It's classy looking yet very sexy at the same time. The gold one to me.... and I don't know if it's the way the picture was taken seems to make your boobs look down wards -if you know what I mean. Also, with the a tube dress you'll be spending the night checking to see if the top is coming down and you'll be pulling it up all night.
As you can see my vote is the red one.

^Yeah, it must have been the angle because "they" weren't heading South at all:smile: And yes, that's a pet peeve of mine with strapless dresses. They're great if they fit well, but if not, you end up feeling the need to pull them up all night. That's definitely something that I will take into consideration. Thanks for your vote!

i can see it's very tempting to wear the gold one b/c it really shows off your nice body. if u are not wearing this to the parties...def have your DH take u out for a dinner or something to show you off in it.

the bebe dress looks much better on you than on the bebe model, but the rubyred color of the other dress is just so fantastic! otherwise I find them hard to compare because of the different fits. I know I would feel more comfortable in the red dress due to its looser fit - but then I don´t have a flawless body like yours! Choose what you feel most comfortable in - you will look great eitherway!

Last edited:
Another vote for red (i want to get one for myself!)

The red looks classier imo. The gold one looks a little cheap to me. Although, it looks great on your body, and you could certainly rock it, the structure, color, design just looks a little young/cheap/hs(ish) to me.

I like the red dress! Maybe you can do a little DIY with it, if you don't like the cowl neck part. Since the dress has a lot of room to move. You can turn the dress into a one shoulder dress. have the other side pinned in, kinda fitted but a bit loose like the lanvin one shoulder dress. I think going that way will make the dress look even better to fit your style :biggrin: Try it that way and see how it turns out!

^^^I agree that it looks "young," but the "cheap" part really depends on how you wear it. On it's own, sure, it could be considered cheap or even trashy, but fashion is about an overall look. I spend lots of money on designer shoes and bags, but when it comes to my wardrobe, I buy things mostly by fit. I've learned that if something fits well and you can pull off an overall, polished look, then a $100 dress goes a long way. I certainly wasn't planning on wearing the dress as it is being worn on the Bebe web site. I would pair it with my black CL heels, a Chanel handbag, fine jewelry, black shawl, polished hair & make-up, etc.
Again, I appreciate everyone's advice. It's a tough call because I don't have pics of the "completed" looks for comparison. I'm still thinking that I will wear the red and return the gold. Even though I prefer the fit of the gold dress better, the red one is more "festive" to me.

I also love the red dress. I think it looks a lot more classy and will move nicely. No offense, but I also think the gold dress looks like something you would wear to a club, and not a holiday party.