Help! Keep Love Hoop earrings or pass?

yayaisnan

Dec 25, 2020
I just received the Love hoop earrings from my husband as a wedding present. I haven’t been fixated on them but have expressed that I like them once or twice. I really love them but I’m not sure if the price can be justified. $4,500 for hoop earrings seems a little insane to me. I feel guilty that they were so expensive and feels irresponsible?!! Should I keep or return them? What is your guys thoughts on these earrings? My mom sad I’m crazy and that if a man buys you a gift to not feel guilty and wear / love them but idk lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1403.jpeg
    IMG_1403.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 136
The only time I felt guilty about my husband buying a gift was when I asked him to buy it for me. :P I still have it, but the guilt was there for a while before I made peace with it and I have never asked for him to buy me something ever again. (except food, food is different, and very important, hangry wives are a danger to society. :lol:)

All other times he has given things to me as gifts or offered to pay (without me asking), no guilt what-so-ever! :biggrin:

However, having said that, my husband and I are very transparent with gifting. If either one of us is not comfortable with a purchase, whether it be price, quality, etc., we make sure to let the other half know and are totally okay with returns and/or exchanges.

If it makes you uncomfortable and you feel that the guilt would nag and bother you, maybe a return is better. Best to chat with your husband to see how he feels about it and as long as he understand that you greatly appreciate the gesture of love, I don't think he'll be upset or anything like that. :smile:

I do not feel guilty when it comes to gifts, especially from my husband. We are aligned when it comes to our finances and I know he’d never buy me something, especially jewelry, that we couldn’t swing financially.

Are you worried HE thinks they were not worth it? If he sees how happy you are to have them and you wear them regularly, I bet he will think they’re worth it :smile:

Or were you hoping to have something different with the same amount of money? That’s valid too.

To me, it’s all how we value what we have.

I’ speaking from experience here, as I’ve been married for almost 40 years. Several times early in our marriage, I exchanged gifts my DH gave me. I think this scared my husband. From then on, his position was that I should “eliminate the middleman” and buy what I want. It’s not the most romantic situation, but it works for us. So if you love the earrings, I’d keep them.

Gorgeous classic hoops and they look beautiful on you! They were a wedding present from the “Love” collection so definitely a guilt-free splurge. And they will only increase in value. Yes, $4000+ is kinda crazy for hoops but it’s not like you’re going to celebrate such special times every day!

The only instances I would say to return is if there is debt, or if you genuinely don’t think you’ll wear them very often or prefer a different size/color. Otherwise, enjoy!

Gorgeous classic hoops and they look beautiful on you! They were a wedding present from the “Love” collection so definitely a guilt-free splurge. And they will only increase in value. Yes, $4000+ is kinda crazy for hoops but it’s not like you’re going to celebrate such special times every day!

The only instances I would say to return is if there is debt, or if you genuinely don’t think you’ll wear them very often or prefer a different size/color. Otherwise, enjoy!
Thank you for the advice!

I’ speaking from experience here, as I’ve been married for almost 40 years. Several times early in our marriage, I exchanged gifts my DH gave me. I think this scared my husband. From then on, his position was that I should “eliminate the middleman” and buy what I want. It’s not the most romantic situation, but it works for us. So if you love the earrings, I’d keep them.
Thanks for your perspective! That’s basically what my mom was alluding to as well lol. I’m going to keep them!

I just received the Love hoop earrings from my husband as a wedding present. I haven’t been fixated on them but have expressed that I like them once or twice. I really love them but I’m not sure if the price can be justified. $4,500 for hoop earrings seems a little insane to me. I feel guilty that they were so expensive and feels irresponsible?!! Should I keep or return them? What is your guys thoughts on these earrings? My mom sad I’m crazy and that if a man buys you a gift to not feel guilty and wear / love them but idk lol.
They are lovely and it’s so sentimental coming from your husband as wedding gift. I would keep. I give you permission to splurge. 😉

I’m quite practical when it comes to gifting (between me and my other half). I don’t want him to splurge on things on me which I don’t it’s “worth”. He has been asking me about upgrading my e-ring. I said no because I just dont see the point/need (I think I've said im practical lol). I love THAT solitaire because it is as it was. It means so very special to me. Changed it and it is just not the same anymore. And moreover, i am seriously over the bigger-is-better diamond phase.

But I readily take it when he takes me for vacations, meal dates, and among other things that make my heart flutters. So if the hoops sing to you (honestly you’re wearing them so beautifully), keep. And congrats to your wedding. Agree that these two, the mister included, are a keeper!

This is a very important gift. Your husband sweetly remembered something you expressed interest in and bought them for you. Please, keep them and love them. I’ve made a few mistakes and hurt my husband’s feelings over special gifts. I think the effort should make them feel even more precious.

Also, they look amazing on you and are perfect for lots of wear. I say wear the crap out of them.