Help in choosing one of these two oldies!

I am so sad to hear that! So far I have been using coloni Classic leather gels on all my bals, but I heard a lot of good things about leather Honey too... Is there a way to fix it? Will be so sad to lose the beauty...

It might be a good idea to wait till the Anthra arrives. Try using it for a few weeks and if you love it, sell the Marcie(s) to buy the Raisin. Raisin is a gorgeous colour and the perfect purple. I had one for about three years and it didn't fade until I ruined it by applying too much leather honey.

Thanks ladies! Without your support I wouldn't make up my mind to get it! The leather is indeed very very soft and different from my 2014 black mggh city. But I would actually say I like both! The 2014 one is indeed thinner, but shines so nicely with the mggh. The leather is fragile on my 2014, so I hope my 2007 holds better than that! (Plus my 2013 yellow day is drier than others...not to my liking but the color ... I guess I will avoid 2013 leather in general in the future...)

:smile:

Have a good new year :smile:

My anthra is from 2012 and I didn't even like the color when I got it, but it grew on me so much it's now one of my most loved bags and it launched a full blown anthra investigation on my part... poring over threads and pictures investigating all the various anthracites over the years and how they've differed. If my "research" is correct, '07 was the original anthracite, and although it became a staple color for years to come, it was never quite the same again. I know that my plain jane 2012 anthracite can't hold a candle to it.

I remember having an '07 Anthracite Work with lovely blue undertones. I thought it was gorgeous! What bothered me about the bag was that even though almost new the handles were already a little dark. I just couldn't love it for that reason. Later I had an '08 Anthra City....the color was one of the lighter Anthras I've ever seen. It had no undertones that I remember. Very pretty.
Later I had a 2011 Anthra Part time. The leather was superb, the color was the perfect shade....dark and actually much prettier than the '07 Work I owned earlier. Unfortunately I cannot do Part times so she is no longer with me. Right now I own a 2012 Anthra Work and L.O.V.E the leather and color so like you I'm happy!

Gorgeous! I actually like the blue undertones, as it makes it look like dark night, which is one of the best colors I think balenciaga has ever made. It makes it so much complex and interesting.

I remember having an '07 Anthracite Work with lovely blue undertones. I thought it was gorgeous! What bothered me about the bag was that even though almost new the handles were already a little dark. I just couldn't love it for that reason. Later I had an '08 Anthra City....the color was one of the lighter Anthras I've ever seen. It had no undertones that I remember. Very pretty.
Later I had a 2011 Anthra Part time. The leather was superb, the color was the perfect shade....dark and actually much prettier than the '07 Work I owned earlier. Unfortunately I cannot do Part times so she is no longer with me. Right now I own a 2012 Anthra Work and L.O.V.E the leather and color so like you I'm happy!

MG, why no part times? :sad:

Wow Magjes! You've done them all. From what I can tell either '08 or '10 would be my favorites because they apparently were close to 07 plomb with no undertone. I love the green in my '12 anthra, but I'll always be on the lookout for a true steel gray (I know some plomb has a blue undertone, but I have a plomb MU that is literally the perfect steel gray with black, not blue, undertones. I wish I could supersize it into a city).