help im a newbie....

B*M*B - I spent a lot of having having fun researching all the different threads in Balenciaga before I could make up my mind or even write anything here. An easy way to learn sizes is to go to the Balenciaga website where you can also purchase bags. Oh wait - I don't think they ship internationally? It is so fascinating to thorougly go through the modeling threads of both the gals here and the celebrities. Virtually every single celebrity in the world owns at least one Bbag and they've been wearing them for years so you get to see all sorts of outfits assembled. After all of that - then you become familiar with the wealth of colors introduced every year. The City seems to be the overall favorite since it is a medium sort of size. You can probably do some real life researching in London or something - where you have the advantage over me. No shops stocking them in my neck of the woods.

oh yes eggplant is a great colour!

ive seen this beautiful ink
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-BALENCIAGA-INK-TWIGGY-2006_W0QQitemZ170252542829QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but its a twiggy, what are they like?

Eggplant is my fave of all purples too!:yes: The Twiggy I would say holds less than a City would. It really depends if you carry a lot or just the normal, mobile, keys, wallet. If so, then the Twiggy will be just right for you! Good luck deciding!!

If you want a brand new Bal with color close to Ink, you could try 2008 Marine. At least it will be easier to acquire than Ink. 08 Marine is dark blue, one shade lighter than 07 Marine. Of course, if you like purple, you could try 07 Violet or 08 Sapphire. City definitely is the best style to start with. Have you decided to have RH or GH?

Eggplant is my fave of all purples too!:yes: The Twiggy I would say holds less than a City would. It really depends if you carry a lot or just the normal, mobile, keys, wallet. If so, then the Twiggy will be just right for you! Good luck deciding!!

Eggplant could be a bit pricey though - as it is so popular.

If you want a brand new Bal with color close to Ink, you could try 2008 Marine. At least it will be easier to acquire than Ink. 08 Marine is dark blue, one shade lighter than 07 Marine. Of course, if you like purple, you could try 07 Violet or 08 Sapphire. City definitely is the best style to start with. Have you decided to have RH or GH?

The photos of 08 Marine that I have seen look like a dark blue bag. Ink is a truly fascinating purple / blue hybrid.

Have you introduced yourself here yet? You might find out where the best UK B-bags are located.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/the-uk-b-bag-club-154028.html

Last edited: