HELP! I suspect my birkin is a DEFECT??

rosed

O.G.
Mar 8, 2008
Hi,
I just bought a birkin 40 fjord gold from Bagteria. She was very helpful and replied my inquiries very fast. And i'm sure this is an authentic bag.

However, when i received it yesterday, i inspected the interior first and i noticed that the lining front and back has some kind of fold and the it seems that that fold is actually pulling the fjord leather in. I only own birkin in epsom and it doens't have this problem, so i thought this is normal for "softer" leather.

And then i noticed the wrinkle around the seams. Is this normal? i suspect that there's excess in the interior chevre lining. is the lining supposed to be slightly bigger than the outside leather?

I'm currently in a city where there's no Hermes. (Medan - Indonesia). And i'm only going back to Singapore in the mid of January. so between now until then, i'll have no way to be sure if this is normal or a defect.

Thanks!!

i'm no expert but it looks normal to me, i've a 10 yr old rather slouchy birkin and the inside looks like this. my newer epsom doesn't have this situation though so I guess it's just from frequency of use.

I suspect it is because chevre is a softer leather compared to Fjord and over time with use would be more prone to sagging than the outside of the bag as Jadeite mentioned. It has probably had more use than your Epsom B but doesn't show it because Fjord wears like iron.

As long as it doesn't make the outside of the bag look funny, it seems ok to me. You said you were happy with your bag, it is an older bag, just enjoy it.

Actually the bag is 'N' stamped. It looks almost new or unused so i'm quite surprised that it has this issue.
But as long it's not a defect, i'm happy! :P
Thanks for the answer. I felt so hopeless but now i'm relieved.