HELP : I have ruined my YSL wallet

amy_86

O.G.
Feb 15, 2008
TBH, I dont have any luck in cleaning my bags and wallets. All went disastrous. Due to covid, I couldnt go out town or cross state to clean my bags/wallet.

Yesterday I just ruined my YSL wallet. I layered a bit of leather conditioner cum polisher on the back of my wallet and then the conditioner turned chocolate (I thought it was dirt) so i wiped it off immediately. My wallet was sticky afterwards. I thought it would be ok if I added another thin layer of leather honey to condition it. Other part of the wallet has no problem just the back is so sticky due to the first treatment I put on earlier.

The glossiness is gone. The leather on the back is so dull now. I stopped treating it and let it hang dry at my backyard. Im not sure if the stickiness is permanent or is there a way I can get the glossiness back if or once it dried

Dear Mod, if I posted in the wrong section kindly help me move it to the correct one.

F18DF532-5007-45FE-A376-D54A2E050D06.jpeg434BB62B-8F29-4157-B8C0-33A878C2A935.jpegFF40694B-4ABE-4D24-808E-87A16F44B7CA.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
It’s either stripped the coating, or has put a film of the conditioner on the wallet. I’m not sure a conditioner would be capable of stripping the coating so you could try buffing it to buff the cream out?

Dear all, its been several weeks. I would like to update that my wallet is still exactly the same. Permanently ruined.

It’s either stripped the coating, or has put a film of the conditioner on the wallet. I’m not sure a conditioner would be capable of stripping the coating so you could try buffing it to buff the cream out?
I think the top coating has been stripped. I don't understand how easy that coating could come off like that. No matter what I do, the stickiness is still there. I hang the wallet to air for for more than a week and the stickiness is still there.
I even put a bit of baking soda on it to soak up the stickiness but to avail. The bits of soda powder even stuck on the stitches. I have no choice but to damp up a cloth and wipe it off again..

Use a clean cloth and wipe it down thoroughly. Leave it alone for a day. See what happens. I don't think leather conditioner can take away a shiny coat.
Unfortunately it did. The back of the wallet and now the flap on the front are looking dull and sticky. I dont know what to do anymore.

same thing happened to my wallet too . Please update if you found way to fix this.
I did not found a way at all. Mind let me know how your wallet came to that state ?