Help! I don't know what to do (sizing on simple pump)

knittygirl

O.G.
Nov 9, 2011
So, Ann Taylor stopped making their perfect pumps and I don't like their replacement. My mom and I went looking for new ones last weekend and tried on several (Choo was too loose in the heel, Kate spade too tight in the toe box). I finally tried on the CL Simple 70s in 40.5 leather, and they were perfect. Problem was, I wanted nude patent in 40.5, which they didn't have anywhere. So, we ordered them in 40 from another store.

I received them yesterday, they are pretty snug. The sales lady warned me that they might be, but I don't know if they are TOO snug. I think the length will be okay once broken in, but I'm not sure. They are my first pair of louboutins. I plan to use them for work, so they will get used a lot. I've had problems with shoes before that I own for a couple years and they end up so loose that I slide right out.

How much do they stretch? I don't know if I should return them or work on breaking them in.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

So, Ann Taylor stopped making their perfect pumps and I don't like their replacement. My mom and I went looking for new ones last weekend and tried on several (Choo was too loose in the heel, Kate spade too tight in the toe box). I finally tried on the CL Simple 70s in 40.5 leather, and they were perfect. Problem was, I wanted nude patent in 40.5, which they didn't have anywhere. So, we ordered them in 40 from another store.

I received them yesterday, they are pretty snug. The sales lady warned me that they might be, but I don't know if they are TOO snug. I think the length will be okay once broken in, but I'm not sure. They are my first pair of louboutins. I plan to use them for work, so they will get used a lot. I've had problems with shoes before that I own for a couple years and they end up so loose that I slide right out.

How much do they stretch? I don't know if I should return them or work on breaking them in.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

CLs have a reptuation for stretching out nicely. Get a referral for a reliable shoe cobbler, I got such a referral from Neiman Marcus (Fashion Island Newport Beach/CA). Only charges $15.

Your situation sounds exactly like me, for Pigalle 120 in *patent*.. My TTS Pigalle 120 (or Love Me 120) is 40.5, they are too snug at 40. If you can go non-patent, the 40 would be less tight..possibly perfect!

My Love Me 120 in black sparkle and black-patent have been "breaking in" last several months, they are now "perfect" (slip on smoothly like slippers).

See other threads for the vaseline plus hair-dryer trick.

Slather on Vaseline where it pinches you either on your feet or inside the toe-box. Blast the toe-box with a hair dryer. It might help to put a tiny bit on your heels too just so your feet will go in smoothly. Wear the shoes around till it cools off or as long as you can bear. Leather are molded into shape when they are being made by manufacturers into handbags and shoes with oil and heat. This is the quickest way.

As for sizing, I think you are smack bang on. I am a US6.5 and my old cut P120 is a 36, but the new cut P120 and SK are a 36.5.

I'm doing this myself for my SZ 41 Pigalle Follies 120 (red-patent), it seems to work. Like you, these shoes are pretty snug on me. Especially, when my feet are swollen from walking (yesterday was a 15 hr shopping marathon in Beverly Hills and Woodland Hills)

I was at the Topanga mega-mall (Woodland Hills/CA) picking up a SK black-patent at Neiman Marcus. It was a PERFECT FIT in SZ 41.5..yay!! (given the recent hassle with tight fit of SZ 40) Slipped on like a dream, walking in them was perfect.

As I walked out, I ran into a shoe cobbler with 1 hr service (in the mall). He sounded knowledgable, I told him about being afraid of ruining $700 designer shoes. He showed me a CL he was doing for a client. I happened to have the above red-patent PF 120 with me. He ended up selling me a wood shoe-expander (has twist turn handle) for $25, plus a conditioner (equivalent to above vaseline, for $12.99. Latter is probably over-priced, but he gave me a deal..10% off both. I'm doing the stretching as I type.

It's a REAL HASSLE.. Smooth sailing if you find size for perfect fit. Otherwise, you will have to WORK to stretch out a smaller shoe. Stilly has had to do this compromise for herself, work with a .5 smaller size shoe. See her long thread.

Last edited: