Help! I brought my M.A.C to a cleaners and it is ruined!

natalieg

PurseAHolic
Sep 5, 2006
Hi ladies,

I bought a beige MAC a few months ago and the first time I wore it I got a stain on it. I had no idea what it was and I was so freaked out about ruining my purse that I brought it right to a leather cleaners. I just got it back and they have COMPLETELY ruined my purse. The leather is dry and hard, the colour is completely different and the shine is gone. The cleaners said there is nothing they can do to fix it, so now I need your help.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can bring the life back to my bag? Or if anyone at the Rebecca Minkoff company can help me?

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Attached pictures- first one is the bag in its original glory, other 2 are after the cleaners ruined it.

Attachments

• 100_2053.JPG
    100_2053.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 191
You have metallic taupe it looks like....I imagine the metallic finish is gone, but you could use a good leather conditioner to add moisture back to the bag. Apple conditioner would probably help with that.

Oh, wow!!! I don't have any advice bc I don't have any experience with leather cleaners, but I'm so sorry that happened to u!! I know how we all baby our bags, so I can understand how upsetting it would be. :hugs:

Thanks ladies! I'm definitely going to look into the Apple Care products, but the dying that HALAH recommended looks great! That is definitely something i'm going to consider- what do I have to lose?! :smile:

I echo HGG's suggestion about conditioning the leather with Apple products. The metallic finish may have worn off with wear eventually, who knows, but I think with a good conditioning and just wearing it to break in the leather this bag could still be awesome but in a different way

Oh my. I have a Metallic Taupe Rocker and I looove the color/finish on that bag! I don't think it's going to matter all that much what you do to your bag at this point, I doubt it will ever look like an original MT MAC again.

Did the leather cleaner make restitution? If so I'd just call it a loss and buy a new bag. If not...so not fair!

LMB is a good suggestion, but keep in mind they can get pricey! You might be better off looking for an EUC MAC instead.

Good luck! I do hope you're able to replace the bag rather than try to salvage the one you have.