Help!! How to remove an ink stain?

abandonedimages

:]
O.G.
Mar 11, 2006
The travelling thread got me looking at my Timberland messenger and I noticed a GIANT ink spill in the back pocket (it's my school bag) and I know using it as my school bag automatically runs the risk of these things happening, but I just cant stand to look at it :Push: I dont know what it's made of and I didnt want to throw it in the washing machine because it's got padding in it, so should some soap and a wash cloth do the trick? I tried to take pictures but the lighting sucks and so does my camera.

Attachments

• bag 001.jpg
    bag 001.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,277
  • bag 002.jpg
    bag 002.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,326
  • bag 003.jpg
    bag 003.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,280
If that doesn't work try Gonzo Stain Remover. The name sounds strange but it gets everything out. I got a huge ink stain on a silk blouse and my dad used this to get rid of it. I was a little hesitant at first but it took out the stain with no damage to the blouse.

I've heard that the hairspray does not work on all kinds of ink. There is this GREAT, AMAZING carpet cleaner called Folex. It's a cult-favorite/secret that's used by pros. You can get it at Home Depot. It's actually great for stains on clothing too. I used it on black eyeshadow that had been ground into my carpet. The stain was completely gone with a few sprays--I couldn't figure out where it was or where it went! It even takes out old stains...

I have used hairspray before to get pen ink out of silk, but I remember putting a paper towel underneath it because the ink basically bleed out of the silk. It does not look like you can get under stain, so I am afraid using hairspray might make it larger. Good luck!

Wicked, thanks for the tip on Folex. I am going to look for it the next time I am at HD.

I just recieved my new Juicy small quilted bowler in white and I loved it - EXCEPT, it was covered in marks, both ink and some perhaps left by the hardware itself? I'm not sure how the bag was so terribly injured but I took it back to Nordstrom who said the only option was to return it because they NEVER discount the bag. They couldn't find me another one so I decided to just try and remove marks myself (she said I could return later if I still wasn't happy). Sooooo, found tips on here and used Wilsons' cleaner/conditioner, and also a Q-tip with rubbing alcohol mainly on ink. It worked beautifully and now bag looks new again, YEAH!:yes: Sprayed with Wilson's leather spray, voila, done.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stop there. I grabbed my new Kooba Marcelle on which I'd noticed had a 3-inch ink line & large dot on other side and dabbed it with alcohol. In about 10 minutes I was horrified. Not only did it not remove the ink, but both areas were bleached WHITE!!!!:censor:
My husband had kept telling me to leave my bags alone, they weren't going to stay perfect forever, but I just could't listen:sad: I considered a marker because I didn't want hubby to see it -I was desperate. I ran down to Dillard's and purchased some mink oil and medium brown leather cream, but felt quite hopeless. I applied mink oil first and that's when the miracle happened. Upon application the beautiful color came back to those horrible white spots:angel: . I've never been so relieved! I have now vowed to eliminate my do-it-yourself behavior. I shall try really hard to leave the important work to the professionals. I will be a good girl and love those bags just the way they are-at least til next week:graucho: . Anyone know if a leather shop could remove those ink marks?

Here's Nordstrom picture of my new bowler -very cute, but so far seems to be very high maintenace. Anyone else have hardware rub off on their bag?

Attachments

• juicybowlerwhite.jpg
    juicybowlerwhite.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,239
Unfortunately, marks from hardware and everything else show up very easily on light leather goods. Any good shoe and handbag repair shop (they almost always do both) or luggage repair place which specializes in leather goods should be able to restore your bags or even give you information on how to do it yourself for those emergencies or if you fail to give up your do it yourself tendencies. I have been a do it yourselfer for many years now and made my share of mistakes. But experience and knowledgeable craftsmen (women) have improved my choices about the proper course of action and my skill level.
I hope this helps,
Kate

Has anyone in the TPF ever have problems with an ink stain, either current or not ( say if you got the bag from Ebay, and the seller told you of course that there was one). Is it best to leave it alone, or is there a product that can get it out? I have something for getting ink out off of clothes, but don't want to use it on my bags. thank you.:rolleyes:

On my small lock sac, I got an ink mark on it. It's the beige leather. My friend has the same bag, but in yellow, and she was told by the SA to use soap and water and it ended up smudging it so badly she returned the bag. What would remove this ballpoint ink mark carefully and successfully?:confused1: